Accidental Alcohol Exposure

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troller

Reaction score
Had a freak accident today when a gate I was using to block of a part of the kitchen fell. So while I'm picking it up Conan zooms past me and somehow hits the cap on a champagne bottle causing to pop, spray the wall and wet the floor. He of course steps in it and gets his paws and underbelly wet. I didn't want to traumatize him further by giving him a butt bath so I wiped his paws and belly with a wet towel but I'm afraid he still licked a bit of it. So I'm not too worried and I'll be on the lookout for anything odd with him but has anyone experienced that or know something about rabbits ingesting a bit of alcohol?

My suggestion would to be to offer him some extra food that he's bound to eat right away, be it greens, pellets or a fresh handful of hay. That way, if there's going to be any effect from the alcohol, it will be lessened by the presence of more food in his stomach. I'm sure he'll be ok though. :)

I hope he's fine. At least it wasn't something stronger! I think for a lot of buns having a little of something they shouldn't isn't too big of a deal and does not lead to issues. As far as any affects from the alcohol hopefully there will be none especially since buns move things through their system so quickly.

Nope the alcohol shouldn't effect him. Many people use alcohol on the hocks of white rabbits to get urine stain out (but it is the kind you would put on your cut) Just make sure you got as much off him as possible and keep an eye on him for up to 24 hours(that is the longest it should take to pass something)

Latest posts

Back