AC

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm thinking aboiut getting a rabbit and in the summer where I live it gets hot and I woundering does the souind of AC bother rabbits?

We have CAC in this house which doesn't bother the babies. They love to sleep on the vents. When we were in the apartment we had window AC, it never bothered Buttercup. It sure helped with the heat though.

Susan :)

LOL I'm so dumb I couldn't for the life of me think what AC meant....its air conditioning right?

I'm sure it will be fine because they get used to the sound..if they were in the wild they'd get used to the sound of cars going past, birds etc etc...

B x

Becca wrote:
LOL I'm so dumb I couldn't for the life of me think what AC meant....its air conditioning right?

I'm sure it will be fine because they get used to the sound..if they were in the wild they'd get used to the sound of cars going past, birds etc etc...

B x
AC is air conditioning. :)

They should be fine as long as its not like our AC tower used to be, clicking every danged second. lol

The sound of the AC should not bother them. However, if the AC is blowing in the direction of the rabbit's cage, it can affect them. When we got our first rabbit, we didn't realize but the AC (vents are on the ceiling) was blowing right into his cage. He had sneezing fits every day and we had to cover the top of his cage with a beach towel to stop the cold air from hitting him. This stopped his sneezing right away and it hasn't recurred yet (it's been 2 years).

My guys seem to love the AC. It's definitely better than keeping them outside during the summer. Tony loves to sit in front of a fan. Here he is lying on the AC vent at my parents' who have central air. He would sometimes lie directly on top of it to block any air coming out, silly guy. Bunnies are pretty tolerant of lower temps, down to the 60s in the summer probably, so you'd get cold before they do, except in the case Robin mentioned where they couldn't get out of the draft when they wanted to.
Picture1013-1.jpg

My babies have always been just fine with an A/C. They haven't ever jumped or thumped in its turning off and on, either. :) If anything, they seem more comfortable with a cold house! :)

My bunny actually likes to sit under the AC despite the fact that it drips on her.
This is her usual position under the AC.. she's young here.. she's always liked it.
Bjune075.jpg

Latest posts

Back