Abused Classroom Rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know how they are at schools, I think it best to go straight to the humane society, the principle won’t even slap her on the wrist and they would all resent her for talking to him about it.

What a horrible situation! When you're a "kid" and you know an adult is flat-out wrong but they have all the power, it's incredibly frustrating. I agree with everyone else about gathering as much evidence and information as you can (even if it's just documenting your recollections of what happened when, what you've seen, what the teachers have said to you) and reporting them to the humane society. Heck, as much as I can't stand PETA for reasons I won't get into, an injustice like this should be right up their alley and I doubt fighting with PETA would be worth it to the teachers!

On a side note, "Alice the Mini Lop" meet Alice the Holland Lop! :D

Alicey resized.gif

Gather pictures and videos of the rabbit and it’s condition. Write a journal for a week or two of what you observe about the rabbit and the conditions it lives in and how it’s treated by others and how others react when you try to feed it etc and record the date and time of each reaction/observation you write. Also find out in your state the laws on voice recording conversations and consent to record a voice conversation and based upon that you could record conversations with the teacher about the rabbit or things you hear them say about it but don’t try to anger them because then they really may not allow you to see the bunny. Be on the down low about gathering all the evidence, then when you have enough gathered against them alert the police or a repeatable organization that protects animals against abuse. But make sure you have copies of everything you have as evidence before you submit it. In the meantime try to care best for the bunny as you can. People who choose to be cruel to animals are some of the worst people and it says a whole lot about who they really are deep down inside....

One thought I had was if you have enough money try buying the rabbit from them. They obviously don't care for it so maybe with an incentive they might let it go. If you couldn't take the rabbit you could surrender it.

But with that said, if you feel you have done all you can then sadly you should move one because I am sure it causes you quite a lot of stress and sadness. If it comes to that point just know that you are an amazing person with a good heart and you did your best. Best of Luck

This bunny is so lucky to have you who care so much.
Just remember you have all these people on this forum who are 100% with you. You are an amazing person!!! We will wait for an update.

She lasted that many years with suboptimal conditions!? and not spayed? She is some amazing bun! But what a torturous life! Not a bad idea to contact PETA as they have several articles on the subject of classroom pets: https://www.peta.org/teachkind/humane-classroom/whats-problem-classroom-pets/ https://www.peta.org/features/classroom-pets-bad-lesson/ https://www.petakids.com/save-animals/classroom-pets-cruelty/ that rabbit deserves to spend her last years in peace. Might want to print some flyers of the articles and contact the superintendent of schools or school board, maybe there is student groups that can back you up? Don't give up, you are her only hope it seems. Be prepared to be in the spotlight as many brave young people that dare to make a difference tend to get noticed by local media.

Latest posts

Back