Abused bun needs to come from San Jose CA to NJ

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dootsmom

Reaction score
INBOX%3E12452
I'mtrying to get his picture & "blurb" up. Having a CRSmoment!!!

Lucky.jpg

This little guy needs to get here. He's on the "to be put to sleep" list.

We can move him if one person can drive, one hour and knows someone onehour away...and that person knows another person one hour away,etc....and get him across the states!!!

We have so many people here, from all over. We should be able to do this!

Thank you. Charlotte

Also, some airlines allow rabbits in petcarriers to fly in the cabin with a human, although most ask that thebun be booked at the same time as the primary traveller.Getting him closer that way may help.

Is his adoption a done deal? Or if somebody else comes forward who is closer, is that an option as well?

SAS

I just got off the phone with Heather. This is a special needs bun. I have
commited myself to its needs.....Vet bills, etc..

Plane fares are a little out of my league as far as costs go.

Anyone know of someone with a private plane?

Dootsmom,

I don;t know if Jen (Cirrustwi) is still on her, but try to email her.Her b/f is a pilot...if shes not on here I will give you her email...

....If the rabbit can gets anywhere near me before Jan 22nd I would bemore than happy to get him up by you (youre only about 45 mins from meat most)

..or if he ends up somewhere near richmond after the 24th i can help then too!

Just let me know!

LOL, sorry, typed that too fast. Imeant that trying to find somebody who's flying across the countryandwilling to travelwith an extra bit of handluggage may be as easy as trying to find people who aredriving. If anybody knows of anybody planning a trip, hit 'emup. That sort of thing.

Nice to see this little bun is going to you personally, Dootsmom, Iguess the NJ location in your post should have been the key.He'll bein great hands.

SAS

dootsmom wrote:
I just got off the phone with Heather. This is a special needs bun. I have
commited myself to its needs.....Vet bills, etc..
Plane fares are a little out of my league as far as costs go.
Anyone know of someone with a private plane?

:DI can't help with transport but I know thatpet-finder has a railroad, Volunteers that form links by car mostly totransport dogs,cats and horses but I have seen requests for bunnytransport . The only problem with that is that I think it would take along time and mybe be too stressfull for the poor little guy. ifinterested go on pet-finder and click on transport...they may haveother links to other volunteer groups who do this.

That's my main concern too, Angieluv.I've contacted the "Bunderground" but, they haven't gotten back tome....I know they do large transports....not single rabbits...worth atry. LOL!!! I emailed MGM Studios and asked ifanyone is coming this way that could take him.....so manyactors/actresses are involved in animal rescue & rights that Ithought it was worth a shot!!! Who knows!!!

Charlotte, you may want to contact Echo DogsWhite German Sheperd Rescue since we've transported for them.After all, Lacey wouldn't have made it to Guy in NY without the helpavailable through this bunny board. They havemembersacross the midwest.

Also, I could help with transport or boarding and vet care in Ohio.

dootsmom wrote:
I emailed MGM Studios and asked if anyone iscoming this way that could take him.....so many actors/actresses areinvolved in animal rescue & rights that I thought it was wortha shot!!!
And he'd be flying first class. :)

Have you tried Craigslist.org? I've have great luck withthem, in the posts and the forum section, and its especiallystrongfor the No CA area. (I'll post itif you like).

And people in the airline industry, surely somebody knows deadheadingpilots or attendents who fly across the country on pet friendlyairlines all the time.

dootsmom wrote:
Seniorcats......they are the first "org" that Icontacted. Not a peep out of them!!!!

What a bite! I think they wanted me to transport Thanksgiving weekend and we had a near-blizzard.

Do you mind if I cross-post to another bunny board later tonight?

Ann

I live about 40 min from San Jose. Ifthey can keep the bunny until Sat. afternoon, I can get him.But, I don't know who I can take him to after that. I wouldbe willing to drive a few hours in any direction on Sunday to get himto someone else. Let me know if thathelps.

Sharon in CA

dootsmom wrote:
INBOX%3E12452
I'mtrying to get his picture & "blurb" up. Having a CRSmoment!!!

Lucky.jpg

This little guy needs to get here. He's on the "to be put to sleep" list.

We can move him if one person can drive, one hour and knows someone onehour away...and that person knows another person one hour away,etc....and get him across the states!!!

We have so many people here, from all over. We should be able to do this!

Thank you. Charlotte
:tears2:What a sweety pie. I wish I could save themall. The number of unwanted animals out there is sodisheartening. And the breeding continues. :(

Dootsmom,
You said he has special needs? What are they? What I mean is, will theymake stress harder on him than the average bun? He is a pretty littleguy. I hope we can get him to you in time, it is always so sad whensomething like this happens.

:pray: :pray: :pray: :clover: :clover:

GentleGiants....this is the rabbit that wasposted in "Etherbun". I have a feeling he/she is going tocost me a small fortune in Vet bills!!! Gotta get him/herhere fast!!

Baybeeee! What a cutie. I can't wait to see howhe blossums in your care. I'm in the upper north-west but I wish Icould help. I'll be praying for this little one to be deliver safely toyou!

Charlotte, I posted on another board that hasdone transport before. We have members in CA and 1 in Arizonaand whole lot in the midwest. The problem is findingfolksin between. I'll let you know if I hearanything.

I winder if any of the rabbit feed, rabbit litter manufacturers wouldconsider helping? Think of the great publicity for them.

I could help if coming near the KY-IN state lines.

Ed

Latest posts

Back