Abscess under jaw

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darojati

Reaction score
Hi All

We recently found abscess under my rabbit's jaw. We are having lockdown and are arranging to have Vet house visit next week. While we are waiting for the Vet to come, is there any alternative treatment that I can give him?

here's his photo when the groomer checked his abscess today.

Attachments

• 3D08ADA9-2600-47D3-8730-AA662AF38DC7.jpeg
    3D08ADA9-2600-47D3-8730-AA662AF38DC7.jpeg
    165 KB · Views: 6
Just make sure your rabbit continues to eat, drink, and poop normally until the vet can get there and start treatment for your rabbit.

Medirabbit: facial abscesses

Medirabbit: abscess management

http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/jawabscess.html
And also once the vet checks your rabbit and prescribes an antibiotic, I would make sure that it's a rabbit safe antibiotic, as some aren't, and some vets don't know this in regards to rabbits.

Medirabbit: safe antibiotics for rabbits

Medirabbit: dangerous antibiotics for rabbits

Bambi has ostiomylitis i think its spelt. Caused by a bad tooth years ago and the infection is in her jaw bone. Now please do not be afraid, Bambi has had 15-16 operations over the past few years trying to keep cutting out these horrible things. However, i have come across a drug called Zynthromax, its by pfizer and out of all the meds and drugs she has been on including pen n strep injections, zynthromax knocked it almost completely out of her little face for months. I have a few posts regarding this but please act fast and if you need advice and i assure you that you should, call Mark and only Mark from trinity vets in maidstone for advice and reference Bambi. He will know exactly who she is. Bambi has had this issue for 4-5 years and lives a full and happy life so do not ever let your vet just default to euthanisation.

Thanks. It's still covid restriction here in Jakarta, so the rabbit-savvy Vet cannot come to our place yet. We have just been recommended to another Vet, and got the appointment for this Thursday! Finally after the wait.
Wish us luck

Latest posts

Back