Abscess?Help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haru the Lionhead

Reaction score
HELP!! The vet said it’s just a wound and it will heal, she keeps biting it. I showed the picture to someone that has a rabbit and told her that when I touch her back I still feel like there’s a bump but when I look at it it doesn’t look infected or anything, it’s just the wound, there is no redness around it or anything and it looks like it’s drying/healing, there is no discharge or anything. She said that I could be abscess and that her rabbit had a similar wound that appeared to be abscess. What should i do?how would I know if it’s abscess?and how would I treat it if it was?its on her back under the shoulder. 83234B62-5C8A-497E-B7D7-8BFC140AC04E.png

This photo is right now, did it get bigger?im not sure. I don’t know if it got bigger or is it just that the picture that I took yesterday wasn’t clear enough C9D5B464-1173-4677-95AD-DEB1546AADAA.png

I cleaned it with betadin and it started to heal, when it looked small and dry I stopped, today i was petting her and I felt a small bump on the same spot, i was trying to see what it was but it was hard because of the fur, while i was looking for it she started itching that spot and I heard something, when I looked i found a clump of fur! She pulled it out while itching, I checked the spot and it looks like the first photo but smaller, it’s been two months! Her surgery healed and this thing didn’t!

Latest posts

Back