About to lay him to rest.

Discussion in 'Let Your Hare Down' started by myLoki, Jun 4, 2011.

Help Support Rabbits Online by donating:

1. Jun 4, 2011 #1

myLoki

myLoki

myLoki

[​IMG]

This is my CJ dog. We're not going to make it to 12 years together. We missed it by a couple of weeks.

I nursed him through parvo as a puppy and he's been through thick and thin with me. Through some of the most difficult times of my short life, he stood by me. Now it's time for me to do something for him.

He's been sick for a while. Eating less and less. Growing more and more tired and thin. We've been taking him to the vet for round after round of antibiotic to no effect. Wednesday the news finally came in: Malignant Melanoma. End stage. I've watched my strong, vibrant friend waste away to nothing. I can't see it anymore. I can't watch him suffer. Our appointment is at 12:30 today and his grave has been prepared. Right at his favorite spot. It's the least I can do for his beautiful soul, my incredible friend.

CJ, life without you is going to be gray and dull. You've been this fixture in my life. A shred of stability in an otherwise turbulent time. You have been an anchor to better days. You will be gone soon but not forgotten. Never forgotten. Always with me. Rest, my friend. Your job is done here. I'll see you soon.

Love always,

Thanya[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Jun 4, 2011 #2

EileenH

EileenH

EileenH

I am so sorry....it's such a difficult decision to make even when you know it is right.
    There is nothing much I can say that seems right, but you're in my thoughts today..

3. Jun 4, 2011 #3

fuzz16

fuzz16

fuzz16

i am so sorry it has come to this. but it is such a selfless thing you are doing for him and it will be good for him to have you there at the end.

i know how hard it can be..after taking my moms 15 year old ailing cat to be PTS that id grown up with...i never dreamed it would be that hard.

4. Jun 5, 2011 #4

Jynxie

Jynxie

Jynxie

I'm so sorry, this post really made me tear up. I'm really sorry for your loss, my best friend is also my dog so I know the bond you must share.

You shared a lot of good times and remember them always. I really would suggest making a scrapbook or photo album of him.

You did everything you could for him, and it wasn't 12 years to him. It was a lifetime he spent with you, and I'm sure even in the thick and thin he loved welcoming you home and every walk you guys shared together. You know you took the pain away and now he can finally rest, he'll meet you at the bridge.

Rest in peace CJ.

5. Jun 5, 2011 #5

Nancy McClelland

Nancy McClelland

Nancy McClelland

Larry Supporting Member

We're so sorry you had to say goodbye to CJ. We lost our Dogbert to Bone cancer three years ago. It was very hard to do, but we knew it was the best thing, and like you, we really loved him and he was a part of the family. Goodbye CJ and rest in peace big boy.

Draft saved Draft deleted