about that getting healthy and dropping the pounds thing. . .

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katt

Reaction score
I am a failure. a complete and total failure. got on the scale today, and bam

gained 8 pounds in like one month.

I have NOT been eating healthy.

and I can totally tell.

and the worse part is: my higher the scale gets, the more I just want to sit down with a bag of cookies and say 'screw it'.

really need the motivation. . . anyone want to nag me daily to eat healthy and exercise?

and to top the whole thing off, I am quitting smoking, and that is making me eat even more.

anyone have any luck with any meds/pills that help control appetite and such? not looking for a miracle pill, just something that will help me not eat all the time.

this seriously has me all upset and depressed

katt wrote:
and the worse part is: my higher the scale gets, the more I just want to sit down with a bag of cookies and say 'screw it'.

really need the motivation. . . anyone want to nag me daily to eat healthy and exercise?

I totally get the thing about it causing you to want to eat more! I eat out of boredem all the time and to make myself feel better. And I think what also happens with me is that I feel crap by denying myself something unhealthy. I'm not sure if I can quite explain it but you might be familiar with this feeling too?

I also don't know about pills. have you tried any of those meal replacement shakes? I have considered trying them maybe to replace lunch or something but I haven't done the research or tried them as yet.

I don't know about nagging you daily haha, but we could email or chat online if you want? I need some help to be motivated too, so maybe we could help each other? just a thought, no pressure, but if you think it could work then we can give it a try :)

I've been dealing with some of the same struggles and am having a hard time controlling the compulsion to continually eat.

Throw the cookies out so they are not a temptation.

Put fruit on the counter, freeze some yogurt, and buy some Snyder's sourdough pretzel bites. Peanuts and raisins for a snack are also a healthier option than the cookies.

Keep a cup of water on the counter to sip on and eat small healthy snacks throughout the day.

Don't cut calories too much at this point, just try to get the eating under control by eating healthier.

There was a really fat couple at the local swing dance every week. Don't know if they only did it once a week or if more often. They danced almost every song. After a few months they lost a lot. If you can find a regular dance partner to do swing, you would have a fun way to exercise. Don't know if they also dieted too.

.....skating...not even derby style, just skating in general.

I lost 128 lbs since I joined derby..

However, I have been having massive freakouts as of late, I have to learn to stop looking at the scale and go by how my clothes fit. I have been working on my falls like mad, which in turn takes alot of leg strength, so my muscles are getting huge in my legs. So although my clothes are fitting way better, the scale says I weigh more.

Muscle weighs more than fat!

Still freaks me out though.

The key is to eat several small meals a day , every 4 hours.. not just cut back eating and starve.

I also drink alot of protein shakes to build up muscle and they are very filling.

I think what is better than apetite limiting pills is to eat low calorie filling foods. You still have the basic instincts of an animal, and the animal mind will work POWERFULLY to escape feelings of hunger. You need to keep yourself feeling sated without resorting to fattening, unhealthy foods loaded with refined sugars like cookies.
- Drink plenty of water. You should be drinking about 2L daily minimum as a woman. Little known fact: dehydration makes you feel even hungrier. Natural/unprocessed food sources like our brain is hardwired by ancient biology to eat have a higher water content than the dried grain products we rely on today, so our brains tell us to EAT when we aren't drinking as it assumes water isn't available and hydration must be gleaned from food.
- Dark leafy greens are nutrient powerhouses, and they have VERY few calories. They are rich in anti-oxidants, iron, calcium, vitamins, etc. but even a massive quantity doesn't do much towards your calorie count. And since they're high in fiber, they make you feel very full.
- Brew a big, strong cup of unsweetened or lightly sweetened green tea and drink it when you start craving cookies. The chemicals in green tea act as a mild apetite suppressant.
- Have a nice big salad with dark greens, colorful veggies, and beans before your meal. This will reduce your hunger for the meal itself, which if it follows the standard American diet is probably heavy in calorie dense foods like meat, dairy, and starches.

GoinBackToCali wrote:
.....skating...not even derby style, just skating in general.

I lost 128 lbs since I joined derby..

I REALLY want to derby skate, but my area JUST got a team started (haven't even had a launch party for it yet) and I honestly don't have the freedom in my schedule to even think about joining.

maybe in a year or 2. . .

and thanks everyone. I really wanted to be down about 30 pounds by the fall, and it is looking like I won't be, but if I can just drop at least 15 I will be happy for now (really have about 50 pounds to lose, but my goal for that is by NEXT summer, not the one we are about to start).

tossing the idea of pills out.

I have some really great protein powder that I will start to use in healthy smoothies and shakes. and I am going to go to our local co-op and pick up some stuff for trail mix (some naturally dried fruit, raw nuts, ect).

and yeah, I do drink tons of water during the day, I always have my cup near me. I don't drink anything else besides some juice or milk with breakfast (normally milk).

I think that my issues have been that a) i have been eating out a lot recently and b) i have been really busy lately, and that has made it simply easier to grab easy and not healthy foods when I am on the go.

A big big thing for me was and still is gum.

I am a boredom eater a emotional eater and a it's good so I am going to eat it tell its gone.

I used to eat a whole wing stop meal 10 wings large fry and large pop in one sitting.

Now I eat it in three some times even four.

But gum makes you feel like you have something in your mouth.

I am soon taking Zin advice on skating we just have to get together for her to teach me. And give me the skates she got for me.

Yes water a lot of people think there hungry but there thirsty. I drink five to six Bottles of water a day easy now. This is a refillable bottle not sure how many ounces but I am guessing at least 24.

I bike I have not been this winter to cold. But i am up to 6 mile again. I am 267 and hope to be down to 200 by my birthday. I eat cherrios for breakfast. I dont buy sugar cereal even when the kids are here they eat this.

I measure everything. Did you know that romain noodle there is two servings in one package.

If you don't buy junk you can't eat it.

Kat

I lost over 60lbs just by portioning my food. I didn't stop eating anything, I just portioned it.

And I walked, because I have a larger bust (Well, not so much anymore, 60lbs later I am only a D cup, I used to be about a 38 DD if not larger) and couldn't run. Now I love eliptical machines.

I guess I am lucky..I can't have cookies/cake/waffels because it makes my stomach upset.

But I am hopelessly addicted to food, I love to eat and my biggest problem is I am a late night eater. I am not hungry until around 3pm..then eat until 12 or 1 am.

I also have a huge addiction to soda, and can't stand diet.

I am trying to lose more weight too, so I feel your pain. I lost about 7, but gained it all back with in a matter of 2-3 weeks.

If you give in to cravings, just portion yourself. Have 1-2 cookies, then drink a lot of water.

I loooove food. The trick is controlling portions and everytime you're about to have a snack ask yourself: "Am I REALLY hungry or just eating to eat?" If you aren't hungry--don't do it--get a popsicle or some gum... maybe a glass of water and forget about it.
Don't get discouraged! Lock your scale up, try to eat a little better and don't be worried about how much you weigh, worry about how you FEEL. Once you start walking more and eating better, you'll feel it.

Latest posts

Back