ABC's Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks so much, Helen. :) It did help to just let it all loose on here. Happy Bob and I aren't dating anymore. Not since... The first incident, I think. At the moment, he's come home, and I'm sleeping on the couch for the time being. Of my own free will. I'm between my buns, so I'm happy. Opal on one side, and Jasper and Nymh on the other side. I have decided to go with the girls and move out on our own. Just us. We can all agree there's no such thing as too many animals so long as they're all cared for, taken care of, cleaned up after, ect. And I can trust the girls to not come towards me from the other side of the room, screaming like a maniac over something ridiculous, making me fear for my life. I want out this month, but it's just not possible, unfortunately.
Meh.. I need a smoke. :/

ariusshadow wrote:
...not come towards me from the other side of the room, screaming like a maniac over something ridiculous, making me fear for my life. I want out this month, but it's just not possible, unfortunately.

I think this is completely where it would cross the line for me. There's just no excuse for a guy to behave this way. :hug: I hope you escape soon.

Unfortunately, the situation here has only gone downhill. He had 2 more outbursts yesterday and I haven't seen him since. These weren't as violent towards me but I now have a panic attack every time I think I hear him move upstairs. He's supposed to be going to the hospital on Friday... Admitting himself willingly. Hopefully, this will happen. Oh, to make it better, this is all my fault. Just so you know. He swears he can't get anything around the house done, or even move most of the time, for that matter.. Because I'm 'bearing down on him'. When I'm afraid to be in the same room as him. -.-; So.. That's where it stands at the moment.

I'll be forced to spend parts of the day with him today. We're supposed to all go somewhere and he's kind of the one paying.. The others in the household that are more offensive than defensive will be babysitting him to keep him away from me. Because after last night, I was prepared to sleep in one of the worst neighborhoods in NY that's not in NYC itself. Kingston. On the streets. I refused to come home. Until 4 people came to find me and demand I go home...
Hopefully, their playing peacekeeper will work for today. After this, I may be just sleeping in someone's car until he leaves. I'm already sleeping on the couch.. What could be worse than loosing your room to a maniac? :rollseyes

FYI, Opal didn't stick with me. But the argument is "Garnet doesn't fit". So I'm now between Amber, Crystal, or maybe Onyx... But that's more of a boy's name I'd think.. :?

Eh the drama continues and I'm a busy little stinker with barely any time to do anything. At the moment, Jasper, Luna, Nymh, and the rats are in my room. And there's almost no room for everyone.. I'm afraid the rats and Nymh may have to go for lack of living space. :( Jasper goes nowhere. I'll give up my computer desk if it means a place to put her cage.
The road to disability is a rough one. They want so much information that I just can't give them...
And our roommate's driving us insane. Brings a cat in without asking anyone. Can't even take care of his own cat, complains there's too many animals in the house, and now she's in heat, yowling day and night. We're about to just open the door and let her go. He's supposed to be finding her a home. I had to post the CL ad today. It's been 2 weeks.

So I still haven't gotten the pictures of Cuddles. And Moe (a bun) and the cat are still looking for new homes. We're probably going to be sticking our current couch-crasher in the attic, and sticking a new, rent-paying couch-crasher on the couch. :p Yay for more money. But it's all going to the cable bill anyway since the new couch-crasher is only getting 7 hours a week at the moment. -.-; Garbage~
We'll be working on modding Cuddles' cage hopefully starting by getting the materials tomorrow. Now, the roommate that brought in the new cat, which needs to !@#$%ing go, has another cat which is border-line abandoned. Chiri is the cat he's had for like 3 years, will be getting fixed tomorrow as well. And will be coming home for the first time. Chiri and the new cat will probably not get along. And the owner thinks that he can just deal with this as it comes. But he's making almost no motions to find the new cat a home. I am, but he's not. And there are 3 kittens and a dog all stuck in one room because the cat hates other animals. And the cat gets to roam the house. The house's animal situation is a little jumbled. But at the moment, I'm thinking it'll clear up when I give Jasper some out-of-cage time... and put Damion (cat owner) in the cage in her place. -_-;;

Cuddles has found a new home. For some reason, I just didn't connect with her. :/ Which really stinks. The family that took her has kids and they love her. I texted to check up on them a few days ago, and they seem to really be enjoying her.
I've moved into the attic, and the buns and rats are up there with me. The attic's not a finished room, so it's dusty and dirty, and there's insulation exposed on the ceiling. The rabbits and rats areas are cleaned up, though, and I'm slowly progressing to make the entire thing habitable. The person that was causing problems in the house now has the room to himself, since he and I had been sharing. He's still causing problems, and will probably continue to do so indefinitely.
My current goal is to get on disability, now that I've been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, and I will move out when I get accepted for it. I will move into my parents' house then, and start getting myself set up. Get Jasper spayed, Nymh neutered, and Luna her first vet check. Get some things I'll need, save up, and move down to North Carolina (Charlotte area) to live closer to the few parts of my family that don't suck. My aunt, cousin, and my cousin's daughter live down there, and my aunt will hopefully be able to teach me Reiki healing while I'm down there, and teach me to control my medium abilities. If you want to believe that sort of thing. :p
Disability may take a long time, so I'm looking for work in the meantime. But I'm often told that I won't be hired because I can't stand for a long time. So, that's harder for me than it is for most people in this economy. :/
The hutch that came with Cuddles is now abandoned. Kitty, my roommate, will be paying me for it for use of her two buns. Jasper's back in her old cage, and Nymh's now in a 2-level cage that's a lot more suitable for him than the tiny guinea pig cage he had been in before the hutch. Luna is now MY bun. I didn't trust the troublemaker with the life of an animal, since I had to tell him when to clean the cage, and I had to feed her, so she's now upstairs in the attic with me.
The rats are doing well, though they're in a smaller cage until the troublemaker does what he has to do for me to get my desk back from him. Until then, I don't have the room I need to put their big cage back up.
*Sighs* And my dog died. He didn't live with me. He was supposed to be my birthday present for my 17th birthday, but my mother never let him live with me after I moved out. I hated her for it, and still do. But that's a rant for another time. Yuki was my baby. And I didn't get to see him on his last day. I have his ashes here, next to Nyota's, my old rat.
So... I think that's it for now. I'm getting an albino rat for my birthday, though. :) She's a sweetie. I can't wait to get her. I'll post pictures of the fuzzballs at some point. I'm sorry it's been so long since I blogged. Just been really hectic here. :/

Thanks so much, Helen. :)
Mostly, I think I just need to work on how I cope with things.
Small update:
I'm getting my rat this week! *Excited*
Also, Ecresi, my roommate, is getting 2 mini lops tomorrow! One's a solid blue agouti (I think), and the other's a broken... It's hard to tell what the color is. I think they're adorable. :) Here's a link so you can get an idea of what they look like. :D We'll have 7 rabbits in the house again. ^^
http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/pet/2061926675.html

So we have 8 buns in the house now. I didn't get the rat I was hoping for. The person flaked on me. :/ So I have a new little squidget for our growing warren. :) This is Amber:

12743_292056_180000000.jpg

12743_292056_180000001.jpg

She's under a pound and I'm not sure how old she is or what breed she is. Posted here:
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=62364&forum_id=8
She seems to have a slight eye cold. I'm praying it'll clear up from a change of atmosphere (and lack of woodchip bedding, perhaps), and just keeping her in a separate room from the other buns.
She's in quarantine at the moment, but I'm praying she gets a bit bigger. If she gets to a reasonable size, I'll bond her with Jasper. :) That is, if we did our gendering correctly. ;D
She's a little cuddler and loves to explore. Definitely a couch-and-movie bun. ^^ And she LOVES giving kisses. Absolutely loves licking your hand. ^^ She's so well-behaved she sat in my lap the whole way home.

Amber is with me at my mother's house for a few days. While I'm here, I get an IM from my roommate, Kitty. She tells me that Jasper's cage is trashed and Jasper is running around the closet below the attic. It's a 7 foot drop. No one knows what happened or how, but the top of the cage was off the base, and bent out of shape, and Jasper was seven feet below my room. She's a 20 pound bun. Later, Kitty finally catches her and sees her legs are swollen and she's putting weight on them, but not a lot. She's protecting them from being inspected, and won't let Kitty really handle her. This is the only visible thing... God only knows what a 7 foot drop did to her insides.. Even the vet said she was shocked she didn't break her back... In my head, all I can think is, even just a cracked rib... puncturing a lung... That's it. It's over... A misplaced vertebrae, a twist to the wrong muscle... Rabbits are so fragile.. Almost anything could kill them... To think she's even still alive is a miracle.. She's now in a temp cage downstairs, after calling vets for half an hour. It's a Sunday, so no one's open but the ER vet, and I can't afford that kind of visit. I can't even afford a normal vet. I'm praying my mother will help me pay for my baby's vet bills. I've been told to basically keep her as comfortable as possible and try to get her to a vet first thing in the morning. I'll be calling our vet at 8am. I'm a nervous wreck. I find myself blaming myself for everything and I'm practically comatose because I can't go home until Tuesday. I just want my baby girl to be okay... We just had to put down a kitten a few weeks ago because of a liver condition that made him impossible to save... I can't imagine life without my Jispy.. I've been in tears since Kitty texted me.. I'm shaking and my heart's racing and all because I'm not home. I don't think I'm ever leaving home without all of my animals again... If something like this ever goes wrong again while I'm not there... Well... I can't even forgive myself now... Jasper's my world... My heart bun... I can't handle the thought of her being in pain... I can't imagine what she's going through.. I'm praying she's just got bruises or sprains.. If her legs are broken... I'd never let myself leave home again... I'm a rotten mess... I'm going to go lay down... And pray this is a nightmare that I just need to wake up from...

I'm pleased to say Jasper's leg is much better. She's binkying and thumping and there's no swelling or soreness.
However, she seems to have hit puberty overnight. So now I have a 7lbs teenager with a 'tude on my hands. She growls and lunges for me, something she's never done before, and now rearranges her cage ALL the time. Which can get very noisy! She thumps at every thing and everyone and has a much more demanding personality now. I haven't the money to get her spayed right now, though. So I'll have to just put up with it. :/

Amber is adjusting well. However, I've noticed she's getting an abundance of eye-boogers. No watering eyes, no mucous, no trouble breathing, just a lot of eye boogers. I've taken her off of the Alfalfa to see if the dust from it might be the problem. I've pulled particles of it out of her eyes before, so I'm wondering if that's what's doing it. She's still getting hay and pellets daily. She's now up to 2 tsp of pellets a day. :)
12743_020807_350000000.jpg

12743_020807_360000002.jpg

Sorry to anyone who misses my crew's postings... I just don't have the time! But if anyone wants to keep up with me or the kids, we're ALL on Facebook!

Megan Virginia Grape (Me... Please refer to me as Ari. I much prefer it than my real name...)

Jasper Bun
Amber Nugget
Luna Babbit
Nymhulous Beatrice

Latest posts

Back