A Year Ago Today

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I can hardly believe a year has passed since I left the UK with my bunnies and moved to Canada :shock:. A lot has happened, but it still feels like it has flown by.

To be honest, it's been a pretty rough year, especially losing Pernod, and then my mom having her accident when she came over to visit :(. And I still get so homesick, for my family and friends. I miss them so much.

I really don't think I could have coped without Rabbits Online. Not only did I get to meet Stan (Pet_Bunny) through it (and he has been such a big help to me), but I got great help and support from everyone - especially Tracy (Flashy) who sent pellets from the UK when Pernod was sick, and lots of PM's and postings from so many of you.

So, I want to thank you all for getting me through my first year :hug:. I hope that things will become easier - I am working part-time now, so at least that's a plus :). And who knows - perhaps Jester might even stop trying to kill Shadow, and settle down too (yeah, right :rollseyes) :D

Jan

Wow, I can't believe it's been a whole year!

I remember when you moved- and we were worried because we didn't hear from you for a while.

I'm glad things have got a little easier for you, and I hope your second year in Canada is a lot better! It must be so tough to uproot from everything you know and love like that- you're so brave!

And the UK is down on one excellent bunny slave as well

:hug:

That's right! I remember having my accident, and it being one of the reasons why I started signing on to RO ore regularly again. I'm glad you're finding it a little easier every day! You know, you're one of my favorite people here, Jan :)

I'm not to sure but was it you posting to see if Canada let in bunny's ? I can remember a thread like that, just can't remember the OP.

Do you like it here in canadaa, I mean in general ?
Well, happy 1 year anniversary :p

WOW has it really been a year? Times does fly. I can only imagine what it's been like being in a different Country away from your family and friends and the emotional things you have been through and with the bunnies. I hope this year turns out to be a more enjoyable and less stressful one for you and for the rabbits. We can always hope Jester will stop trying to kill Shadow, maybe he'll have a change of heart? There is always hope! :)

Yeah England's loss is Canada's Gain.

Congratulations on being in Canada for a year Jan.

I sure hope this year will be much better for you.

Hugs to you and the Bunnies.

Susan :)

PS

You are so lucky to have a friend like Stan.

Time sure has gone by fast. It is really great to meetyou Jan, and to have someone that I can share interest and relate bunnies with. Ever since then, Ibecame more involved with bunnies. I was given an Honorary membership with the EARS club (Edmonton Area Rabbit Society), recruitedto the Edmonton Humane Society to helpout with the abandoned rabbits, and nominated to become anhonorary CRHC (Canadian Rabbit Hopping Club) photographer. :D

I am sure your luck has changed and things will be easier. If John didn't have to work so much and at such odd hours, you would have more times to do things together. Jester will settle down, as he goes through his teenage years andfinds that companionship is a comfort that needs to be earned. I never thought Pebbles and Bebe would ever become friends so there is hope for Shadow and Jester. :D

How is Shadow's nose healing? :)

1esb40.jpg

It seems like yesterday that we were discussing the whole trip there!!! :shock:

I know it's been tough this year, but I think things will get better.... I'm so glad Flashy helped you out with those pellets... our little bunners are sometimes homesick too I think! food, water, all that can be a big change for them along with their actual home!

I know Stan has become a very good and important friend of yours. I say all the time how blessed we are to have such a group of people who sincerely care about and want to help each other!

We're glad to have you over on this side of the big pond, too! I know it's hard to leave your home and family!

Wow, I can't believe it has been that long!It doesn't seem that long ago since we werechatting in your garden about your move to Canada. I'm sorry this year has been such a tough one for you Jan, but things will look up. They always do...eventually!:DAnd know youcan always count onyour rabbity friends on here to stand by you through the rough times.:)

Millie andI certainly miss you here Jan.:hug:

Aww, thank you for all the nice comments :hug:

Brandy, it may have been me asking questions, and yes, in general I love Canada. I even like the freezing winters :p. Though, I think the snow could go now - I've seen enough since November!!! :D

Stan, I think it would help if John was home more - I spend a lot of time just with the bunnies (not that that's a bad thing). And with the 7 hour time difference, talking to family back home has to organised, so we don't call each other in the middle of the night :D.

It's just when I talk to them, or email them, and they tell me that they've met up, or where they've gone, it really tugs at the heart strings that I'm missing out on it all.

And Jen, you're right. Having support from bunny people is the BEST!!!

Jan

Gosh, time goes by so fast!

I remember the pics of your Mom in the hospital - and little Pernod and how everyone pronounced his name...

((hugs))

Latest posts

Back