A wonderful day in the garden.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dootsmom

Reaction score
What a glorious day today was!! I opened the frontdoor this morning and thought "I should let the rabbits out, they'lllove it." I left the door open and in a few minutes Frenchie camehopping out. :cool: He sniffed the grass, he checked out the area andthen did the most awesome blinkies I have ever seen. :D Within a fewminutes, out came Oreo. She was very apprehensive and ran back into thehouse. :( Then, out came Ginger, she too ran back in. :( About a halfhour later Oreo came back out. I guess she missed her mate and decidedthat it was pretty nice out there. ;) The two of them blinkied togetherand then ate the grass. (Great, I'll never have to mow again!) :pEverything went well until Oreo found the hole in the fence! :shock:Back in the house they went! Off to Home Depot, I went!! After fixingthat problem, I let them out again. Oh, how they love being out there!They came back in during the heat of the day but, as soon as it got alittle cooler, out they were! :cool: Oreo found another escape route!:X The little girls from across the street and I finally got her backinto the house, almost an hour later :)! First thing tomorrow, I'll beout there closing up that hole! I hope she doesn't find anymore :?Then, all 10 of them will go out together. I had to share but, a videowould be better! :D Charlotte

You Are an Absolute Angel, Charlotte.

What fun it was to read your post. I could picture the whole scene andyou running around to get things fixed up so that you could watch yourrabbits 'fly' again.

You're too much! I don't think anybody can love bunnies more than you.

Thanks for the fun, knowledge, and kindness that pours out of you.

-Carolyn

Hi Carolyn,

I'm so glad you enjoyed my little story. Frenchie does seem to "fly"!!!He was so beautiful, so graceful so happy! I watch my Buns and wonderhow I went so long without one! :D

I'm going to have to find Bucks post on how much vanilla should go intheir water to avoid fly strike...I think that's what it's called. Ihave the big hutch but, it would be a pain in the neck to do shiftswith all these guys. That's why I decided to let them have the yard.

Thank you for all your kind words. I have a long way to go with "knowledge" but, I'm trying. ;)

You are right, I do love my Buns! But then, we all love them, that'swhy we come here...to share our love, our joy. and sometimes our painwith our friends that care so much for them, too.

See you soon.

Charlotte

Hi Doll!

The post you're referring to is called "Fleas and Ticks" for the formula for flystrike.

Frenchie sounds like a Blast. Can't wait to show you a picture I haveof a rabbit floating through the air, just as you described Frenchie tobe doing. *laughs* It's like Ballet!

Can't wait to see you soon!

Your help here has been phnomenal. I'm so glad you swing by here. :dude:

-Carolyn

What a great day your bunnies had! I too live inthe northeast and let my bunnies enjoy the beautiful weather. They havefree range of the porch and like to race under the furniture.

Charlotte,

What a great description of pastoral bliss you painted about yourdarling buns. Most people would never experience thatbecauseany people who keep that number of bunniesusuallydo not permit them to live as freely as youdo.

Thanks for giving us the ability to "experience" a wonderful day inyour garden, even if it only vicariously for the most of us.That is what is nice about forum such as this, where we callall share in experiences such as yours.

You're a sweetheart.

Buck

Thanks Carolyn!

All their water bottles now have vanilla in them. I never worried aboutfly strike before because my hutch has mosquito/bug screening allaround it. Now that they're going to be exposed to flies, I amconcerned.

I heard a horrible story the othe day on the HRS chat about a Bun thatwas found Easter morning, dead and covered in/with maggots. Contrary towhat its owner said, I know that this did not happen over-night and wastreatable. The thought of this happening to one of my "guys", or anyoneelse's Bun, is unbearable.

Both Oreo and Frenchie are exhausted!!! Oreo didn't even move to attackthe broom tonight!! The both of them are flopped out under the kitchentable, looking like little angels!

I'm exhausted too from chasing Oreo! She is "faster than a speeding bullet"!!

Give Tucker a big Hug for me.

Charlotte

Wow, that is a scary story, Charlotte! You must feel so much better that you know how to protect your babies from that.

That's so funny about how pooped out they all are. A tired rabbit's a good rabbit!

Buck's coming up to visit this next weekend and he's bringing Tucker abrand new cage that his babies can't use. Tuck's gonna have a Mansion,Charlotte! He's used to a side door because when I open up the cookiejar where I keep his food, he beats feet to the cage, jumps in andwaits for his food. This cage didn't have a side door, so Buck made aramp for Tucker! How COOL is THAT?! Rabbits love ramps!

The cage is twice as long as his already good-sized cage. You'll justhave to come and see it in June. I absolutely am over-the-top withexcitement over his, Helen's, the famous Missy, and stepbun Calbert'svisit.

No chance of you heading north this weekend for a couple of hours, ey?

;)

-Carolyn

Hi Carolyn,

There is the possibility that I might be heading North this week-end. Ihave been emailed about two rabbits (both are mini-rex's) that are inneed of a home. They were found roaming the streets in Mass.. I said Iwould take them. She might find someone closer. We'll see!

Charlotte

Hi Charlotte,

Well, if you're anywhere nearby and you have the time, you're warmly welcomed to stop in.

No pressure. Keep it in mind though! That'd be great!

-Carolyn

That truly would be fantastic, as we'll be vistingCarolyn and Tucker as well. If you cannot get to where weare, maybe it is possible to meet somewhere mutally convenientfor allof us?

What do ya think? Carolyn? Charlotte?

Buck

GREAT idea, Buck! Saturday would be most flexible.

I'm all for it!

:cool:

-Carolyn

Sounds like your bunnies had a great time enjoyingthe beauty of nature! I wish I could take mine outside when its nice,but she refuses to let me put a harness on her, so she will just haveto enjoynature through the livingroomwindowslol :)

~pam

Oh Dootsmom, YOU were going to take those two rexes that needed a home?

You're unbelieveable!

No worries about this weekend. We'll very much look forward to seeing you in June.

:)

Give Frenchie a Big Kiss.

-Carolyn

Hi!!!

I can't believe that I'm doing this myself!!!

Sorry I'm not going to see you and Buck this weekend but, June 5th isright around the corner. I was going to bring Frenchie but, I'mbringing Dancer instead. I think Buck would like to see him. He's oneof the two I got from last years raid/rescue that Buck knows about.

I'll give Frenchie another kiss from you (he gets lots!!!).
He is such a joy!! LOL!! He even allows himself to be tranced for more than a second!

((((Hugs))))) to you for being YOU. Kisses for Tucker.

Charlotte

You're such a Cool Person, Charlotte.

I really look forward to meeting you, your bunny/ies, and yourfriend. With your love of bunnies, I wouldn't besurprised if your ears started growing! :shock:What an absolute Love you were to consider those rexes.

Bummer we won't get to meet Frenchie. He sounds like such acharacter, but I understand completely why you'd want Buck to meet theother rabbit. Funny, you're thinking about Buck meeting therabbit as much as you talk about meeting us. Cutie!

Have a great day. For our Canadian friends: Coveryour eyes. It's GORGEOUS out today!! Tucker will be binkyingjust having this kind of weather.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back