A very special rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting this here, Gordon. MOHRS/St. Louis is the sister rescue to the rescue I volunteer with. I have not met Joy Gioia personally, but the director of "my" rescue says she's a wonderful person. I'm glad she was able to help this woman and her bunny.
I think it is amazing how important animals can be to the well-being of people, and how animals can bring people together to help each other.

Such a good story...I have known abused women and I know how much ONE simple thing means to them. It's amazing how they put all their hope and joy into one simple thing and hold onto it for al their strentgh.

I hope that she finds hapiness and gets her bun back

BethM, I just had my mom read the story, and she wanted to know if there was anything we could do to help this lady get her rabbit back. Do you know of anything we could do to help?

swanlake wrote:
BethM, I just had my mom read the story, and she wanted to know if there was anything we could do to help this lady get her rabbit back. Do you know of anything we could do to help?
I actually work with the Kansas City chapter of MOHRS, while Ruby Angel and her human mom are in St Louis. (It's confusing that both chapters are Missouri House Rabbit Society, but we're on opposite sides of the state!) It looks as though they are collecting items for the women's shelter, and are also accepting donations towards the care of Ruby Angel.
:pray: Thank you so much for wanting to help.

Here's some additional information from the website:

[align=left][font="'Bookman Old Style', 'Times New Roman', Times, serif"]The woman is now in the crisis center. She can live there for three months while she finds a job so
[/font]
[/align][align=left][font="'Bookman Old Style', 'Times New Roman', Times, serif"]she can support herself. Ruby Angel is in a foster home. She is five years old, 7 pounds, has black fur and may be a mix of Dutch and Flemish Giant. Her front teeth had grown back and she is sweet and exceptionally outgoing and friendly, according to Joy. Ruby Angel will be spayed and held for several months to see if her owner gets on her feet and is able to reclaim her. Meanwhile, Ruby angel will live in our homes as a foster.
[/font]
[/align][align=left][font="'Bookman Old Style', 'Times New Roman', Times, serif"]
[/font]
[/align][align=left][font="'Bookman Old Style', 'Times New Roman', Times, serif"]There are 11 women living in the crisis center. The director told us they often flee their abusive situations in a hurry and arrive with nothing but the clothes they are wearing.
[/font]
[/align][align=left][font="'Bookman Old Style', 'Times New Roman', Times, serif"]
[/font]
[/align][align=left][font="'Bookman Old Style', 'Times New Roman', Times, serif"]We have decided to collect items for these women. At present, no children reside at the center. The director gave us a list of needed items and said the women will be very satisfied with "used" items.
[/font]
[/align][align=left][font="'Bookman Old Style', 'Times New Roman', Times, serif"]Used items that will be appreciated are: bath towels and wash cloths, bedding for twin beds, women's clothing, robes, slippers, purses, wallets, watches
[/font]
[/font]
[/align][align=left][font="'Bookman Old Style', 'Times New Roman', Times, serif"]If we receive donations of "new" items, such as: feminine products, notebooks, day planners/organizers, combs & brushes, hand lotion, perfume or gift cards to Target and Wal-Mart, we will wrap them as Christmas gifts for the women. (We will not accept contributions of cash or checks.)
[/font]
[/font]
[/align][align=left][font="'Bookman Old Style', 'Times New Roman', Times, serif"]Items can be dropped off at the main foster home. Email: [/font][font="'Bookman Old Style', 'Times New Roman', Times, serif"][email protected] [/font][font="'Bookman Old Style', 'Times New Roman', Times, serif"] for directions.
[/font]
[/font]
[/align][align=left][font="'Bookman Old Style', 'Times New Roman', Times, serif"]You can also bring items to our December meetings in St. Louis and O'Fallon, Illinois.
[/font]
[/font]
[/align][align=left][font="'Bookman Old Style', 'Times New Roman', Times, serif"]You can mail small items or gift cards to our PO box:
[/font]
[/font]
[/align][align=left][font="'Bookman Old Style', 'Times New Roman', Times, serif"]Missouri House Rabbit Society
[/font]
[/align][align=left][font="'Bookman Old Style', 'Times New Roman', Times, serif"]PO Box 6362
[/font]
[/align][align=left][font="'Bookman Old Style', 'Times New Roman', Times, serif"]Chesterfield, MO
[/font]
[/align][align=left][font="'Bookman Old Style', 'Times New Roman', Times, serif"]63006
[/font]
[/font]
[/align][align=left][font="'Bookman Old Style', 'Times New Roman', Times, serif"]For more information please email : [/font][font="'Bookman Old Style', 'Times New Roman', Times, serif"][email protected]
[/font]
[/font]
[/align][align=left][font="'Bookman Old Style', 'Times New Roman', Times, serif"] Ruby Angel and her mother are no doubt both sleeping better tonight. Loved, warm, well cared for. This woman's devotion to her precious bunny will now grow into help for other women in the crisis center.
[/font]
[/align][align=left][font="'Bookman Old Style', 'Times New Roman', Times, serif"]She is a shining example of how strong the human/animal bond can be. This situation is a perfect example of how helping animals frequently also helps people. If you would like, you can also help with Ruby Angels medical and care bills. Donations for Ruby's care should go to our HRS paypal account (using one of our "donate" buttons) or be mailed to the address above.
[/font]
[/font]
[/align][align=left][font="'Bookman Old Style', 'Times New Roman', Times, serif"]Thank you in advance for any help you can offer and may you be blessed when you have needs arise.
[/font]
[/align][font="'Bookman Old Style', 'Times New Roman', Times, serif"]Have a wonderful Holiday Season and may all you give be returned to you many fold. [/font]

That is a great end to a sad beginning for the woman and her rabbit. I am so glad they are both is better situations. Hopefully the woman will be able to have a great life now.

Latest posts

Back