A sore hock

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivory

Reaction score
I just felt like dropping a line.....Sofie has a sore hock. It was bleeding and looked pretty bad last night. She was favoring it and didn't like hopping on it. I cleaned it out. It wasn't too too bad once it was cleaned. The other one looked fine.

I'm bringing her in to have it looked at/cleaned whenever I can get an appointment. I think it's weird, because she does have a lot of accessible carpeting to sit on, she just doesn't sit on it. I have a weird rabbit. She spends most of her outside-the-cage-time on top of the plastic bins I keep under my bed for storage. I think this is where the soreness has come from.

Sofie is a Mini-Rex, for those who didn't remember.

well, the thing seems to be better this morning. Was a lot cleaner, and she had groomed off her bloody fur. She hates being manhandled/held! When I called to make an appointment, they said it didn't sound urgent. So I made one for next week, just to check up on it.

I feel bad that I didn't see it until now. I wonder how long it was on her hock. She never seemed uncomfortable though. Ah well...off to order fleece for her cage.

No I didn't. That is a good idea. I will go buy some and put some on her. Thanks a lot! :)

Latest posts

Back