A Ridiculous Purchase

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have spent over 500 dollars on professional studio portraits of my cat, I have pictures of her in anything from tutus, to cowboy coustumes.... They call me crazy but thats my baby girl!!!

When I was preparing to get my first goat I bought a small dog bed thinking that he would be just like a little puppy that would sleep in my room (and the bed was only for IF he didnt sleep in my bed with me lol). Yeah...that didnt exactly turn out how I had imagined it. :p Im glad he and my other goat stay outside--they are bucks and they smell!

I also spent thousands of dollars on vet bills on past pet rats. $2,000 alone went to cancer treatment for one of them. Then tumors were removed on others, URIs were treated, mites, and one had to have his leg amputated. I get called crazy on a regular basis for the things I do for my pets... Oh well.

Last edited:
I'll say that buying Ellie was the most ridiculous purchase in recent memory. (I don't spend money on anything for myself) but i HAD to have her and it only made sense to me.
Or maybe the $80 i just spent on bras. Sorry for the TMI but that's about as much as I've spent on myself in a long time!
There are also a lot of animal food related expenses, but hey, they gotta eat!

Back when we were dating my husband went to the Galveston board walk and bought a painting that says Kaley and Omar. But all the letters are in very colorful animals. He paid maybe 20 bucks for it and the guy spent like 5 minutes painting it. I paid over 250 bucks to have it framed. (I still haven't told him how much I spent on it) But it just really touched me and I wanted to protect it. It's one of only three things I would run into a burning building to rescue.

Lol Awh!!!! I can't remember my last riciculous purchase. Everyone claims that my only ridiculous purchase was the $600 that I spent to get Phoenix spayed.

My sister bought herself plastic dolce and gabanna bracelet for $180 a while back and I made her return it. It was nice but A) it looked exactly like a thick piece of black shiny plastic and B) it had a silver D&G on it which someone could've probably made the bracelet for under $5 if they tried.

Oh yes, actually my last ridiculous purchase was spending $7500 to become a certified make up and airbrush artist.... I do nothing related to any of this and my make up was cheap quality and I swear I regressed as a make up artist after I took all the classes... Worst decision I ever made

Didn't buy anything, but we were sitting on the couch last night and talking about how much fun it was to go to the Drive-in four decades ago--$2 a car load, we'd take furniture and a BBQ and tailgate in the summer. I'd like to buy back a couple of decades!

I honestly lost my passion for it. Before I went to school I actually ended up doing a friends hair and make up for her wedding and it was fabulous I did such a flawless job! Her hair was a pain in the butt though and took me three hours to do I swear she was the Mexican pochahontas !!!

Well, that would have to be my "wall of men". I collect autographed pictures of movie stars and singers, frame them and hang them in my living room. I've only got about 17 so far but I'm really picky about the pictures. I try to get b&w candid shots, and I try not to get shots from movies. I was able to get one hand signed personally for me (and hubby). It's a b&w pic of Robert Smith from the cure. We paid $4,000usd in an amnesty international auction to get front row tickets to a concert with backstage passes to meet the cure. Worth. Every. Penny. That's the only one that is co-owned b/t hubby and I. The rest are mine! And everybody chuckles at me for my wall. So I can't really laugh at anyone else's ridiculousness, he he! As a matter of fact, I have a lot of ridiculous purchases....

I used to pay $10 to fill my old Dodge Shadow, lol.
And I remember going to the drive in when I was a kid! Good times :biggrin2:

Last edited:
So you're saying that Bath and Body Works lotion, is like rare coins? The older they are, the more money they're worth?

Hey wait a minute....is this a potential moneymaker?? :huh
Hmmmmmm......possibilities, possibilities.

I remember I was so mad when they discontinued the cake and frosting mixes at Trader Joe's, I bought 17 boxes of cake mix and 22 boxes of frosting mix! It was my favorite so I bought it all.

Latest posts

Back