A Question for the breeders and those who show rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
As you may have noticed - I've been trying to get some discussions going here the last few days (and I've been having a blast - I don't know about others).

I wanted to get some input though about what y'all want - and I thought I'd ask for it in this area since this might be where you'd be most likely to see it.

What threads would you like to see going in this area? I thought about either a weekly or monthly thread for posting when you've had does kindle...or when you go to shows and want to share wins. My only reason for breaking it up into weeks or months would be so that we wouldn't have to go through pages and pages of information - but rather either one week or month.

What do y'all prefer?

Also...what other topics would you like? Genetics? Rabbitry maintenance topics (cleaners, schedules, etc)?

I'd love to hear what topics you'd like to see - and of course - you can start your own topics too - I don't have to be the one to start them!

Peg

P.S. I had thought it might be fun to post "new baby" type pictures too - which was why I was having "Who is having does kindle" type of thread...

On a friends rabbitry forum they have Genetics games which are pretty fun... and it's also a good way to learn genetics for those breeders or owners who want to learn, but think it's too hard or confusing.

If the people here are interested I'll be happy to organize those :cool:

I would also like to learn about genetics. I'm pretty new to the rabbit breeding process, and have just had my first litter of pedigreed buns.

Perhaps a thread on the different rabbit standards, and where people can ask questions about the showability of their buns?

--Dawn

Unfortunately, the standards are copywritten by ARBA. A few months ago they emailed me asking if I would kindly take down the new standard changes that were recently approved.

I don't feel bitter about it at all... I understand their standpoint on the matter. Now I just refer people to the ARBA website to get a copy of the new SOP (Standard of Perfection) instead. :cool:

From my understanding - we can talk about the standards - but we have to post a link to them and talk about our impression of them or how we understand them....not post the actual standards themselves.

I don't know if I'm making sense...

Peg

That makes sense to me. That might be nice, because people could post a picture, and ask for clarification.

It sounds like it might be a delicate subject to dance around though... But it would be cool to make it work somehow.

--Dawn

aurora369 wrote:
That makes sense to me. That might be nice, because people could post a picture, and ask for clarification.

It sounds like it might be a delicate subject to dance around though... But it would be cool to make it work somehow.

--Dawn
I don't see why we couldn't do something like that. Someone could post a picture of a rabbit and ask how close it comes to the standards and if that can be explained to them. I've had other breeders do that with me via. email and it is SUCH a help. We just would need to have a way to link to the standards *if* they're online. Or maybe someone who could talk about how that rabbit looks based upon their experience breeding/showing that breed of rabbit!

Peg

TinysMom wrote:
From my understanding - we can talk about the standards -but we have to post a link to them and talk about our impression of them or how we understand them....not post the actual standards themselves.

I don't know if I'm making sense...

Peg

Yep -- you are explaining it well Peg :) The copy right laws prevent us from copying the exact words of the standard, however, we can discuss the standards in our own words. This also includes any glossary terms from the standards.

For example, on my "Coat Colors of the Domestic Rabbit", I describe the varieties in my own words, rather than copying ARBA's description of the standard.

You are allowed to copy and distribute pamphlets from ARBA.

Pam

http://www.geocities.com/pamnock/

Hi,

I am just starting to breed Holland Lop, and would like to soon start showing, but lots of questions about what to look for, it would be great to be able to post pictures and get advice!

Latest posts

Back