A New BLUE Litter!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More pictures of waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabbits!

(we're actually using this vicariously to gauge what our faraway kits are likely to look like at the equivalent time in their development).

Ours are just now nine days old, maybe Wayne will see some eyes tomorrow!

OMG they are SOOOOOO cute! <3

I absolutely LOVE their coloring.

As to the leash thing, IMO almost any rabbit can be leashed trained. My rabbit Diva is a dwarf and even though she's a spazz, she still loves to walk around the backyard on her leash lol.

Those awesome wabbits, especially the blues (I guess I am partial)!

Flemish are great on a leash, aren't they? My other, smaller rabbits are all good with the harness and leash but they tend to want to head for bushes and other places to hide along the perimeter of the yard. Sam, big Flemish Giant boy that he is, is not afraid of hawks or the like diving at him from out of the sky. He heads out across the open areas of the acreage with a great sense of pride and adventure. Because he's relaxed and confident, he goes in straight lines, which makes it much easier to walk him. He is such a hoot! When we take the rabbits up to western New York and the rest of the family for Christmas, they will be on leashes at my mother-in-law's house. We took the three girls with us there last year, but this will be a first for Sam. I am guessing Sam will not only be a hit with the kids but also with all the male adults in the house!

Enjoy those growing-big kits!

I do find they don't mind the leash and harness as much as some other buns. LOL! They do tend to be confident and self assured... not much bothers them.

Took a couple minutes this morning to clean out cages (OK, more than a couple minutes! LOL!) and I snapped a few photo's of the blue babies. Put the 2 larger white babies in with them for comparison. The blues are all between 1 lb 8 oz up to 1 lb 15 oz. The white babies are all between 1 lb. 2 oz up to 1 lb 7 oz. But there are 7 of them nursing offmomma as opposed to 4 blues nursing off momma.

Sleepy baby....
DSC00641.jpg

No Stress here!

DSC00640.jpg

Momma in the background...
DSC00639.jpg

Comparing a white against a blue.... born the same day.
DSC00642.jpg

DSC00644.jpg

And one more...
DSC00647.jpg

Edited to add: And for Polly, their ears are now 3 1/2" long. (about 9 cm).

Those are just beautiful pictures! What great bunnies! And what a surprising difference in size, but then that probably does go back to how much milk each one gets. . . Thanks for sharing.

I do expect the white litter to catch up to the blues in another few weeks. As full grown adults, my whites tend to be slightly larger than the blues (by maybe a lb.).

Oh, my! They are just so GORGEOUS!! It seems impossible that they could get any cuter, but they do, every time!! Love the little sleepy bunner....:yawn:

OMG they are sooooooo cute! <3

They LOOK confident and self assured, and extremely sweet. <3

The sleepy bunny pic just makes me wish I had a big bunny in my arms to cradle and cuddle. I love my Dutchies, but there is nothing like the hefty, full feeling of a big bunny in my arms. :p (I think I need to visit Naturestee to get an Oberon fix....:D)

myheart

Oh my goodness...I just love those eyes!! And sweepy kits...gosh, I could just faint!

They're so cute, in fact, that, sitting here at the library, the lady next to me even swooned a bit! Heehee! No one can resist the power of baby bunners!! :)

I believe that it is a good thing that Cathy lives so far from me. My husband would kill me cause I would have a bunny like this guy in front:

DSC00647.jpg

BlueGiants wrote:
I just sexed the litter today... 3 boys and ONE girl! Well, I guess she's gonna stay here...
That's ok - boys are my favorite....so when are they coming here to live? And you're gonna stick Zeus Jr. in too....right?

Shucks...a gal can dream...

OH! Zeus Jr. has turned into the BIGGEST mush face! His brother is sweet, but Zeus Jr. demands to be petted and snuggled. Very insistant, can't close the coop door until HE's ready... So FUNNY! And his ear has perked up! Can't even tell there was a difference between the ears! Just love that bunny! (Ummm... no Peg... 'fraid he's gotta stay here... I got plans for that boy!)

I'm thinking that if I keep a boy from Tina's litter, I should name him "Turner". I just won't decide which boy I'll be keeping for a few weeks. And I think I'll name the Blue girl "River" (ya know... "Rollin' on a River..."?).

Will try tomorrow. (I have to work on Christmas Eve!!!! NOT FAIR! Don't wanna! Don't they know Santa's coming tomorrow evening?) LOL!

They are getting bigger (duh!) and they no longer fit in my coat pocket. But the one boy is so nosey! Right at the front of the coop when I come out in the morning. Watches everything I do. Tries to climb my arm when I reach in his cage. The girl likes to dart in and run away... she WANTS to see what's going on, but doesn't want to be in the middle of things... One of the other boys iskinda shy and gentle. Sit's so quiet when I hold him... Funny how they each have their own personality and at such a young age.

Latest posts

Back