A must share..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loppy Earred Mom

Reaction score
I noticed Stitch doing this in the newplace. She is generally pretty good about going pee in herlitterbox In Virginia she was great about it except for that one timeon my bed (bad bunny).

Anyway I noticed the other day her making a bunch of noise in her cagewhen I was doing dishes so I went to check on her and she was movingher litterbox around so I told her to stop it and she continued to moveit around. I walked over to her cage at that point she ranover to the corner of her cage and sat there nice and quiet.I look to where she had moved her litterbox and she had peed on thebottom of her cage floor and was moving the litterbox over it to coverit trying to hide it from me.

So I cleaned it up and the next day she did the same thing it remindedme of a child that did something bad and wanted to hide it from Mommy!

Marie

That's funny! Mr. Wiggles used to throw hislitter box around for the fun of it. I found these sitcky back clips atthe petstore for this purpose. You stick the clips on to the box andthen you can clip it to the cage.

Megan

Max does it all the bloomin' time! Shehas toys, kits to play with, nibbly things to munch and throw, butno... the litter box is what she has to pick up. She alsodigs the litter out of it, along with all the pee and poop, and it getsall over her hutch! Vile girl! :X It justmeans I have to clean her out more! I'm going to drill a holethrough the litter tray and the hutch and put a bolt through it to keepit in place. :?

Ang xx

Chernish used to move his litter box around forthe fun of it. We had to make holes in the litter box and tie it to theside of the cage.

Cinnamon always used to move hislitter box around. Actually he has 2, and he does the"digging" thing also. He pushes his litter, soiled or not,out of the litter box. I have tried to find covered litterboxes, but they are all so big! I did, however, find a litterbox with a "screw-like" thing on the back. You can screw itto the cage. I found it at That Fish Place/That Pet Place inPA near Lancaster. It is like a big BJs or Costco for pets.Huge warehouse. We make the trip from Baltimore a few times ayear to stock up on bird/bunny supplies. You may be able tofind the litter box on-line. I believe the site iswww.thatfishplace.com

Good luck. Hope this helps.

Two of my buns- Carmelita and Amaretto- do thesame thing! (Well, sort of....). Whenever I put their litter box intheir hutch after cleaning it they wont leave it put. They have to moveit, no matter where i set it down. It's like no matter what I do it'snot what they want.... they must have a better idea then i do of wheretheir litter box should go. :) I guess that's rabbits for you.... theyare definately strong willed and have a mind of their own!

Latest posts

Back