A little trouble with the dumb ticks

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Babygroot

Reaction score
Hello!
So my bunny Mimmi took her chance to escape yesterday when my mom left the door open to bring some stuff in and well, the lady was ready to leave. When my brother was trying to bring her back in, she of course didn't want to and ran further away right into a ticks nest... My brother was doing his best to take them all off but of course, some managed to hide and this morning I found a few around her eyes. She had three on her right and two on her left. Her right eye is very visibly swollen and there is some discharge coming out of her eyes. I know it's natural for it to swell a little but still, I am a little worried. I used some eye drops for the eye to rinse it out a little at least. I'm thinking I should maybe wait it out a little and then if it gets worse I'll bring her in, does that sound good?

I think it depends on how severe the swelling is and if it's affecting her eating. If it's severely swollen, and/or she isn't eating, I would get her to the vet.

I think it depends on how severe the swelling is and if it's affecting her eating. If it's severely swollen, and/or she isn't eating, I would get her to the vet.
Okay, luckily she's been acting like her usual self, constantly follows me around for food, and the swelling is not that severe ... There's no discharge coming from eye today so that's good, and it looks like the swelling is starting to go away a little. I'll keep my eyes on her!

Latest posts

Back