A Little Story

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicky Snow

Reaction score
So my story starts with the Elmira Show thisSaturday, yes i fell in love with a little bunny. He was a Holland Lop,(a sport with blue eyes). i hovered around him for about 10 minutes,and decided that he wanted me. ;). i approached the breeder, who saidhe was for sale. Yes. BUT... someone was driving from Ottawa who wantedhim. (she wanted him to breed because he had the blue eyes) So thebreeder said the lady would arrive around 11am. it was now 10am.

So i waited until noon, and went back to the breeder. the breeder saidthat she wanted to wait until sunday night, then if she still had him,he would be mine. i was crushed that i coudn't take him, but it wasfair, cause the other lady was driving all the way from Ottawa.

on the way home i was sad, i just had this feeling that today wasspecial. i decided to go to the Humane Society. and looking around, IFOUND A beautiful white bunny boy with the most incredible blue eyes.and guess what... yep... i brought him home.

:groupparty:

He is already nuetered, lucky me. His name for now is Puika. (in mylanguage that means boy) and i need to get the pictures developed still(sorry guys) He is very curious, but shy.Hasn't eaten verymuch, but finally pooped later that night. he is quarantined in myspare bedroom.

Already i can tell that he is very similar to my little girl Kweli, andi hope they will like each other, cause they are gonna be roomies. andRue will be happy to get a room to her self again i am very sure.

i am sooo very happy to have him. He was a stray so the humane societydidn't know anything about him, but they did give me his treatmentrecord for while he was there. they also gave me the the notes thatwere made by the bunny cuddling volunteers.

i plan an emailing the breeder back to inform her i won't begetting the little lop, but she was quite sure the lady would begetting him no matter what. In my heart i know i made the right choice.My little Puika now has a forever home with me. ( oh yeah, and 2 oldersisters)

Nicole

That's great to hear that your little one nowhas a good home. Congrats on your new addition and I hopethat he and kweli will get along. Good luck.

Oh how wonderful! I love to hearbunnies from shelters are given a forever home. It was meant to bethen. (given that you didn't bring home the baby from the show) Soobviously this little fella was meant to come live with you.

Things happen for a reason;)
I'll be looking forward to seeing him.

I think it's nice that you are going to email the lady from the show too.

Congratulations on becoming a bunny mummy all over again;)

Hoppy-Thanks i'll need a spot of luck i think with the bonding.

Ariel- Thank you for your kind words also. i already emailed thebreeder, she was very certain the lady would get the little lop forbreeding. but i don't like to leave things hanging.

Nicole

Sorry I missed you at the show but my mom wanted to go as soon as we found Odin.:?

Congrats on Puika! What language is that? I can't wait to see pictures of the beautiful boy.

Puika sounds just like a handsome rabbit.

Can't wait for the pictures!!

-K&E

Congrats on the new bun! Excellentthat you had a chance to rescue the little guy. Can't waitfor the pictures!

thanks everyone! i already am growing quite attached to him.

Shuu- my dad is Latvian, and that's where Puika comes from, but i have decided his name is Sullivan or Sully.

Sullyis still a bit scared of me, when i pet him he gruntsand tries to move away from me. But when he is outside of the cage hecomes right up to me. He is also captain destructo inside his cage too,messing everything up and tipping his dishes over. :?

The breeder emailed me back and said the other lady missed the show,but was picking up that little lop soon. So it all worked out in theend. :)

Nicole

An update:

My little man Sully is doing very well. The quaranteening seems to takeforever, but i know it's necessary. He is no longer grunting when i pethim, but still doesn't want to be picked up. eating drinking andpooping are very good.

He is extremely curious about everything but still quite skittish. he wont let me pet near his cheeks, but hasn't bitten me yet.

his future friend Kweli KNOWS he's in there, and is always sniffing around the door. She can't wait to meet him im sure.

So a little over a week to go all by his self. but after less than a week, he is already starting to trust me.

ha ha ha, the poop war never stopped since Kwelifirst came home. Rue senses something is up, and she is more cuddlythan normal.

pictures saturday, i promise. :)

Nicole

Latest posts

Back