A little concerned

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whatever4andnomore

Reaction score
The other day I noticed that Black Jack seemed to be favoring his right front paw, almost like a limp. The kids and I examined him and it appears that one of his claw/nails was hanging there. He apparently broke his nail somehow, not sure what caused it. It was close to the nail bed, and it seemed that a small part of skin was attached. It didn't bleed or anything like that, but I am sure it is sore and that is why he was favoring it. I was wondering if this is something I should be concerned about, or will it likely heal grow back? He is behaving normal in every other way.

If the entire nail came our there shouldn't be an issue, however if there is a portion of the nail remaining it would be very painful. I would probably not feel comfortable trying to take care of this myself and would suggest that you take him to a rabbit knowledgeable vet who may need to give pain meds and remove the rest of the nail.

Latest posts

Back