A lionhead brushing help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alliscat

Reaction score
Hi so I have a lion head and they have lots of hair I was wondering how can I brush my lion head without him running away and how can I get to his underside

Slow and steady wins the race. Make him familiar with the whole process. For few times only brush one part and when he feels comfortable and trusts you with the brush then you can brush his hair. I hope this works for you.

I am trying that like I will feed him when brushing him but he know knows what I am doing and runs away and hes starting to get Mats

They are not bad mats but I just dont want them to get to bad they dont seem close to the skin

I will send a pic once he comes out from u underneath the bed he mad at me right now cause I was brushing him

Hes ok its also his napping time he will sleep till around 8:40 tonight which is when I get home from work

I also have 2 lion heads and one is so fluffy that he's basically a mini angora. I use a wide tooth comb and set then on the table with snacks and I brush and pet then at the same time. I do it every seccond day and the brushing time is less and less. My trick for cutting out matted fur is to work your comb into the hair between the mat and the skin this way you won't cut their delicate skin as the comb acts as a gard. As well for getting their underside I have a friend sit on the couch and have the rabbit upside down between their closed legs and they hold them gently and pet their ears and cheeks. I only do this every couple weeks to check for mats and I try my darndest to not have them there long and usually they get some banana and cuddles after.

I also have 2 lion heads and one is so fluffy that he's basically a mini angora. I use a wide tooth comb and set then on the table with snacks and I brush and pet then at the same time. I do it every seccond day and the brushing time is less and less. My trick for cutting out matted fur is to work your comb into the hair between the mat and the skin this way you won't cut their delicate skin as the comb acts as a gard. As well for getting their underside I have a friend sit on the couch and have the rabbit upside down between their closed legs and they hold them gently and pet their ears and cheeks. I only do this every couple weeks to check for mats and I try my darndest to not have them there long and usually they get some banana and cuddles after.
Its not the best idea to put a rabbit upside down .

Hey Dayle, as Jasminebunny said, please don't place your rabbit upside down. They look calm, but they enter a trance-like state. Please stop doing that.
Perhaps you could try getting them to stand on their hind legs? Since you have a friend around ask him/her to either have their arm under the rabbits forelegs to lift them up, or dangle a treat or toy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back