A lionhead brushing help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bunny breeder who sold us our bunny said the best way to hold bunnies is to cradle them in your arms, like you would a baby, which means that they are essentially lying on their back but with support from your arms and hands. Our bunny loves this.

Hey Dayle, as Jasminebunny said, please don't place your rabbit upside down. They look calm, but they enter a trance-like state. Please stop doing that.
Perhaps you could try getting them to stand on their hind legs? Since you have a friend around ask him/her to either have their arm under the rabbits forelegs to lift them up, or dangle a treat or toy.
:):p:D:eek:

Does anyone know how long I should brush my lionhead for I feel like no matter how many times I brush him he still gets pearl poop or is that normal

I also have 2 lion heads and one is so fluffy that he's basically a mini angora. I use a wide tooth comb and set then on the table with snacks and I brush and pet then at the same time. I do it every seccond day and the brushing time is less and less. My trick for cutting out matted fur is to work your comb into the hair between the mat and the skin this way you won't cut their delicate skin as the comb acts as a gard. As well for getting their underside I have a friend sit on the couch and have the rabbit upside down between their closed legs and they hold them gently and pet their ears and cheeks. I only do this every couple weeks to check for mats and I try my darndest to not have them there long and usually they get some banana and cuddles after.
How long does it take u to brush all the fur out

Does anyone know how long I should brush my lionhead for I feel like no matter how many times I brush him he still gets pearl poop or is that normal
I have a lionhead , and it takes me about an hour cause she always runs away!
She kinda hates me .

s well for getting their underside I have a friend sit on the couch and have the rabbit upside down between their closed legs and they hold them gently and pet their ears and cheeks. I only do this every couple weeks to check for mats and I try my darndest to not have them there long and usually they get some banana and cuddles after.
. Do you literally mean upside down? As in their legs are sticking up and their head is pointed down toward the floor? Or do you mean on their back?

Latest posts

Back