A lion and a lop... Tucker&GusGus

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want Little Luigi! Do you want to bring him down to SC?! He could be number 5 for me. haha. I love kittens, they're so cute! Its really good that your mama cat adopted those little babies. What a good mama. I have one of those too, my oldest cat is the best mama ever. She nursed one of her kittens for a year and now she takes care of all the other cats and cleans their heads for them. hahaha. She's 13. I still have the kitten she nursed for a year, that would be the Fat Cat.

My husbands laptop crashed a few months ago, it was terrible. He lost like 3000 songs from itunes and a lot other things from it. Then we got this little google chromebook and this thing is great! haha. I really have no complaints about it.

Hahaha. You guys complain about having to be the "mommies" when the men drink! Welcome to it! hahah. I just had to explain it to my bestie who is getting married in a few months, its always like this. We are women for a reason, we take care of everything; the animals, the house, the kids, the food. It never ends...ever. Sometimes its really bad and they make you insane, but most of the time its okay. They're the most irritating people you couldn't live without. Thats the best way I could put it. haha. I'm going to share about my friends fiance on my blog, so as not to pollute yours Danielle!

I wanna go camping...:)

3000 songs from iTunes! WOW! I would throw a B.F.
I don't like to babysit, it's not like its ever the other way around. He never wants to babysit me when I'm drunk...and I am a happy drunk! Who wouldn't wanna babysit me? lol.

I ALSO would've thrown a B.F. 3000 songs? That's NOT cheap! I bought my Mom a little chromebook for christmas last year... she seems to like it a lot. My cousin backed up my pictures, that was all I truly cared about, I have them on a disc and when I get a free second (which has been rare lately) I will put them back on my computer. :)

Good news - Little Luigi is going home with Roly Poly Oly (his brother) with the lady Janice. I am ecstatic, and also heartbroken at the same time. I totally wish I could keep him, but I can't. And it breaks me into a million pieces, but it's what is best, too. :| It's just hard to admit it and it'll be even harder to say goodbye to him. I'm glad she is taking him though, because her & I have talked often since they were 9 days old so I know she'll give him a great home, and I'm very happy it's not going to someone completely random, you know? I love that your Mama cat takes such great care of all the babies! My Momma cat is doing pretty good, though these kittens are itty bitty, I may actually try doing a little bottlefeeding while I am home, too, to try and bulk them up a little bit. :\ I'll let you all know how that goes, it's been really hard with all of the stuff going on lately.

My camping can be KIND OF fun.. and sometimes it's just a pain in the butt and can be boring. Depends on who is up there.. I like to get real drunk and have a blast, but most of the time, like I was saying I really can't because someone has to be semi-sober to take care of and watch the dogs.. I end up watching one of the other kids dogs, too.. he has a camp up there & leaves his dog offleash and the dog wanders, and it makes me mad and I get scared for the dog itself. :| Not cool. It drives me bonkers that he can't even watch his own dog.. My big dog Stubbie is hooked to the bench, and Tinka is great offleash so I don't have to worry about her, unless his dog is around. She'll wander off with him, bc she LOVES him.

Here is a little story -- One night we were up at the camp and I was exhausted - so I went to sleep. Topher and Scooby came over.. Scooby is a daushound mix, he's very cute and so sweet.. Tinka is INLOVE with him. (This was before Stubbie came around) So she didn't want to sleep with me anymore, so I let her out, and I told Mike to keep a good eye on her... an hour or so later (I wake up multiple times if Mike or the pups aren't in bed with me) I woke up and I didn't hear the dogs.... turns out they took off and Mike and Topher were too busy talking to even notice them gone. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Luckily Tinka came back once we called her a few times and started walking around, but that was the scariest moment of my life. And also the moment where I told Mike I don't think we could ever have kids! HAHA. Pain in the butt guys!!

I agree though, us women are the ones who mostly take care of everything. Mike & I have been getting into fights about it lately because sometimes I just need a little help! .. ugh.

I definitely got used to windows 8 for the most part, I mean it's not too bad.. still figuring it out, I haven't had much time to go on it though. :|

GusGus has only one box, they both have only one box... BUT he's moving it to the side and peeing right where it was, like a butt.. it's not like he's peeing in a whole other area. & Katie, that is exactly how I feel.. IF i wanted to be a MOMMY I would've gotten pregnant!!! UGH.

Last edited:
That's great news about little Luigi! I know you must be sad about it but it's awesome that he gets to go to a home with his brother and that they're going to someone who sounds really really nice. :) Oh my gosh! I would have been freaked out if something like that happened to me too! And speaking of GusGus, I haven't seen him and Tucker in a while!

Its really good that the kittens are going to a good home! It has to be a load off your mind to know they're going somewhere where they'll be happy!

We don't have any dogs anymore to take camping with us. But I would have only taken my dingo because he was the best off a leash, but sometimes he would get a little squirrely and NOT listen at all. Like purposely ignore you and continue on his way to do whatever he wanted. haha.
My favorite camping is camping on the beach.

Oh I know what its like to do it all alone! haha. I wasn't always a stay at home mom, I was once a nanny and I would work all day taking care of someone elses kids and house all day. Then I would come home to a messy house from my husband and I would have to clean my own house up after cleaning someone elses house all day and it was so irritating! We fought a lot when we lived in that apartment and when I was working. Because I think when you both work, you should be equally responsible for the house and the stuff that goes with it. Since I don't work a real job, but my house is my job so I do it all; which is okay. My husband didn't think that since we both had jobs it was equal, he thought it was still my job because I wear a bra. haha. He's stuck in the 50's. Oh well.

I had to take care of my drunken hub the other night! hahaha. I thought about you guys, but then I just left him downstairs in front of Jackass 3 and went to bed! haha. I don't take care of him when he's drunk, he gets on my nerves, especially when I have a headache.

That is so sad that you´re losing Luigi but great that´s he´s going to be with his brother, I´m sure he´ll love it.

I´ve only been camping once and it was a total disaster. It rained torrentially for three days and the fly sheet was missing so we got soaked. We ended up sleeping in the back of van instead. It didn´t make me hate it but I much prefer a nice hotel.

I agree ladies if you stay at home, you are expected to cover certain things but it wouldn´t hurt for the men to chip in sometimes but if you work then chores should be shared.

I'm sorry you have to give little Lugi away, but at least he gets to go with his brother. And maybe you can visit him sometimes. Its not fun giving away an animal that you really want to keep.

I've never actually been camping before. I'd like to sleep outside in a tent though. I have a huge tent that has a screen at the top so that bugs can't get in and you can just put it on your lawn. I'm planning on using it sometime this summer.

Woah, that night at the camp sounded scary. I would have freaked out.

Hey guys! Sorry I've been kind of MIA lately -- it's the crazy kitten business right now that has me all tied up! I miss yous!!!

Camping can be fun.. definitely. We camp in a trailer, not a tent. We share the trailer with a friend and his gf, too. :| I don't know if I ever went that far in detail about that, ugh... but it was rough between me and this guys gf for a little bit. Luckily she didn't used to come to the camp that often, but now this summer she is going to be up a LOT more, and luckily we have kind of made up... we are definitely okay with one another, for now. She had just basically said something that was out of line and she had no right to say, to me.. and I hold grudges. I'm evil, haha.

Anywhoooo -- Tucker and Gus are doing good, I've actually been doing some little 'bun-dates' here and there, One of them being last night actually. The first couple of dates I did they did SOOO well together, like legit cuddled up with one another right from start to finish. THEN, the last one... they were out on my porch and hanging with one another.. just chillen, and then GusGus started to hump Tucker.. and I assumed it was out of dominance because now it's been a long time since they've gotten their neutering done... but I'm unsure still. I ended up breaking them up and letting them get back to hanging out peacefully, THEN I seperated them. Last night they were together for over an hour, I was sitting in their room with them and brought Tucker over to GusGus' side of the room.. in the beginning it was a little rocky, GusGus was trying to hump Tucker and Tucker wasn't like able to move really without GusGus running up to him, but that only lasted not even a minute, and then he was moving around, and GusGus was moving around, and they were just hanging out. They did REALLY well for over an hour, then I couldn't catch them, and I had to make some dinner... and the kitchen is RIGHT outside of their room, so I left them out in there, and I could hear them if anything went on... I heard them running around a little crazily, and when I opened the door Tucker was trying to hump GusGus! So I ended up breaking them up and putting Tucker back in his side, and I will keep working on it. They are doing pretty good though, aside from the humping one another.

I have some questions; I read that if when humping their penis is out it's NOT dominance, that it's hormonal? Is that true? And do I just let them hump and figure it out on their own? As long as they aren't hurting one another?

I'll have to post some pictures for you guys :) I'll work on that!

I know I have written about my "mother-in-law" before, and how much she annoys me.. but I'd love to expand that right now. For father's day we invited my Dad over, (he brought one of his many gfs, too) and Mike's Dad and Mom over... she just annoys me to the point I want to bash my own skull in. How horrible is that? We get this meat delivered, our groceries delivered from this company called Hills Home Market, it gets us meat and groceries in a 5 months supply, and it tells you how much better the meat is for you than regular grocery stores, etc etc. We like it, and Mike decided to make burgers using that meat, and also turkey burgers using the ground turkey, too. Mike's Mom was like "Where did you get the meat for the burgers" and he said "from our food service" and she's like "Hmm... hmm... hmm..." and he's like "what, do you like it?" and she's like "It's a little grissly, BJ's has better burgers".. like really? Thanks for being grateful and so negative all the time! And then he asked if she tried the turkey burgers "Yeah, I tried a piece of George's .. it's too dry" Like are you kidding me? Shes like constantly smacking Mike in the face, and it bothers me. I thought the burgers were wonderful, and so did the other 5 people eating them! Another example is we bought this huge pack of cream sodas, it had orange cream soda, rootbeer and cherry cream soda. She was saying how good the orange soda was, and my dad was like "Cream soda is ALWAYS good" like joking around, and she was like "It's not cream soda, it's orange soda, theres no cream soda anywhere on this bottle" Literally it says ORANGE CREAM SODA right on it. Ugh... that's not even the beginning. My plants I was growing for my buns, basically they are dead, because it was real hot a couple of days n I didn't get a chance to water them, and then it has been pouring and they're like drowned.. she is OBSESSED with taking care of other peoples plants, she literally came over on mothers day and watered the cactus she gave Mike with 5 or 6 huge cups of water, she just can't help herself. So you know, she basically checked out my plants telling me they need to be watered, blah blah blah. I wanted to slap her right then and there. Does that make me a bad person? UGH!!! Also, everyone of course wanted to go down to what I call - Kitten Town - and I asked George (Mike's Dad) and his mother to leave the momma cat alone. She is FERAL, meaning she has ZERO trust for people. ZERO. She has gotten a LITTLE better with me, and I've had her for like 3+ months now, but she still doesn't let me get into too close of proximity of her, she was more than likely born outside, so she is terrified of people. I explained this and asked them to leave her alone, so what do you think the first thing is that he does? He says "Wheres the Momma cat" She was hiding behind a section of the couch, so he goes over there, she runs out and goes to her other safe spot... in which he decided to follow her there and then she ran and was SO afraid because there was 4 of us down there and she didn't know where to go, she ended up bashing herself into the wall trying to get to the window. I hate that!! I want her to feel loved & safe! I don't want her to be traumatized and AFRAID! The poor sweet Stella... :( I am gunna be sad to see her go. She is going to be spayed this upcoming Monday and prob. released next week sometime back to where she came from.

Did I tell you guys that we got 4 kittens that were being bottle fed from a lady? They weren't taking the bottle very well.. so we tried them with Stella. She did amazing! she took them in and she has saved their lives. One of them actually passed away this past monday... he was the runt. He was trying to gain weight daily.. it was a fight trying to get him to gain weight, he was eating and gaining weight, he had something going on with his eye, and that was seeming to do pretty well, and all of a sudden sunday night, over night, he started breathing really heavy. I rushed him to the vet Monday morning, and they basically said his body was letting go. They aren't sure exactly why, but anyone I talked to thinks its what they call "failure to thrive," and it breaks my little heart. He died with me holding him.. in my arms. And we are going to have a small funeral for him tonight. (If it ever stops raining) I am so very very heartbroken about this, he was my little Clyde, I was trying so hard for him to gain weight, for him to make it! I was sooo proud of him when he finally hit .5lbs, and then even MORE so when he hit .6! (Meanwhile his brothers are well over a pound and his sister is at a pound) In other news - I still have my other kittens, too. They are going to go in on July 1st to get their spay/neutering done, and also their 2nd round of distemper shots, and then they'll be going home later on that week. I can't even believe it! :( I got more time with them then I thought I was going to, but it's still heartbreaking and so hard for me to let go and say goodbye, they're all just so so sweet and have been a big part of my life.

But it's not over - haha.. I will have the 3 other little babies for a month or so more, they aren't ready to go to homes yet, and they need to reach a certain weight before they can get neutered/spayed, too. Then they'll find their forever homes, but in the meantime.. I already have a pregnant mom cat in talks of coming to my house, and I'll be going through it all over again! Crazy huh? I honestly wanted to kind of take a break because going up to the camp and doing whatever is nearly impossible with kittens at my house because I can't really leave them for that long, but it's SO hard for me to say no! I just love fostering & the experience and of course the BABIES!!

Here are some photos of the boys!
2my21yf.jpg

2nsv31f.jpg

ipzk9x.jpg

eimjw1.jpg

2mheqg1.jpg

2uy6hog.jpg

2vjxxg1.jpg

P.S It's so crazy to me to see how much Tucker has grown!!! Even Mike noticed it, he's so much bigger than he used to be!

Last edited:
Wow thats a lot of kittens! Poor little Clyde, but sometimes it just happens. But what a good girl Stella is for taking them on!

The boys are so cute! I don't know anything about dominance or hormones or anything like that, so I can't give you an answer. But it sounds like you're little bonding dates are going okay, if they would just stop humping! LOL

Don't even get me started on MIL's. I hate all of them. I hate yours for you and I hate my best friends for her. Yours sounds like my bestie's MIL actually, she's a picky lady who is just a big huge B about everything. Nothing is up to her standards and nothing is done right! My MIL on the other hand just doesn't like to be bothered with any of the crappy parts of life. She likes to live her own life and pretend like nothing goes on around her. I hate her.

I love turkey burgers! I don't like ground beef that much, so I always opt for turkey and we always enjoy the burgers! I actually just made some the other night and cooked then on the stove because I was out of charcoal and my husband thought they were delicious! I wasn't to thrilled, but he raved about them all night. haha.
I wish I could get my food delivered! I'm sure I could. Is it more expensive than going to the grocery store? Or does it equal out because you're getting a 5 month supply at a time? It would be so much easier than having to go to the grocery store! I hate going to the grocery store.

Your boys are SO cute!

That's good that Tucker and Gus Gus have done well. Sounds good, no fighting or nipping or anything like that. Can't wait to see them together. About your question, I don't know much about bunny bonding but I think I remember Lisa telling Michelle to let the bunnies hump each other. But I'm not exactly sure.

Your MIL sounds like a B. Haha. I don't blame you for wanting to slap her. I wouldn't want to have someone like that in my life and certainly don't blame you.

I love Turkey burgers and ground beef. I actually make a lot of ground beef burgers myself. They are good! :)

I'm sorry about the kittens, I'm sure its going to be hard to let them all go but Stella is such a good girl for taking care of them. I'm sorry you lost the runt. :(

Aww, Tucker and Gus Gus are SO adorable!

It's so strange, I have had many boyfriends (not that I'm a sl*t.. I actually have only been WITH Mike sexually.. only one person because I held off -- sorry if thats TMI.) but I have really only had TWO serious boyfriends, my current boyfriend Mike, and my last boyfriend Matt.... he was in the army, so any relationship you have with someone who is in the army is almost automatically serious... and unfortunately he was away while we started to officially date & literally he was 100% a different person than he was before he went away and after he came back. We broke up while he was out there, but my whole point is.. it's so strange because I loved his family, I was SO close to his family, that is what made it like super heartbreaking when we broke up. But, now with Mike.. I hate his family. Literally can't stand almost anyone in his family (besides his Dad's side and his Dad itself).. and I hate that. I want to be close to his family & be able to enjoy them and feel like they are a part of my family, but I never will be like that with them. I feel so horrible that I can't stand his Mother... but what can I do? Thank you, Morgan, for hating my MIL for me! (we aren't married but it's close enough) She is literally so annoying because it's like she comes around and critisizes but she wouldn't appreciate it if we did it to her! She is a hoarder and we can barely get around her house, but you don't see me coming in there and cleaning up her house or anything, do you?! So leave my plants ALONE. And stop judging your son on EVERYTHING. She tells him he needs to go to the dentist, and everytime she sees him she'll be like "You still haven't gone to the dentist, huh?" Like what a bitch slap across his face, yaknow? /end rant.

Yeah Tucker and Gusgus just need to stop the humping & I think they'd be fine.. Maybe I'll PM Jenny and see if she knows the answers to my questions above. :\ Thanks for the compliments on how cute they are! GusGus is shedding SO much lately, haha.. literally hair is EVERYWHERE & he of course won't let me brush him, haha.

I honestly love the ground beef burgers, and the ground turkey burgers, I think I am amazed that Mike likes the ground turkey SO much, but I asked him if we could do a lot more with turkey than beef since it's healthier for you, and I figure anything thats a little healthier is BETTER to add into your life, esp. if it makes you subtract something less healthier for you out of your life. d: Makes sense right? Must've made you feel good, Morgan, that your husband raved about the burgers :)

It costs us about 390 a month for the 5 months supply of groceries, I mean it's mostly our MEAT, and we get little things on the side like paper towels, toilet paper, dish soap, then food stuff like peanut butter, ketchup, BBQ sauce, spaghetti, spaghetti sauce, etc... You still have to go out and buy your veggies and produce stuff, of course, and dairy, but it works out really really well! Part of the bill is also for our pressure cooker we got with them, too.. that we need to start actually using, haha. But the more things we buy from them, the bigger the discount we get, we pay it in a monthly bill until it is paid off (the appliance) but we get to keep the precentage discount that we get! So it is pretty cool & works out really well, thankfully.

This is gunna be a busy weekend.. tomorrow morning I get to wake up early and take the 3 younger kittens that Stella took on.. to the vet. They're about 6 to 7 weeks (though they're so small I don't feel like they really are that old, yet) and they need to get a exam done and their first round of distemper shot given. I actually HATE waking up early on Saturday mornings but every single time I ask my rescue guy to make the appointment for later on he ALWAYS makes it for 8:30.. it's annoying actually, but whatever. So I'll be doing that, and then cleaning.. and I have to prepare the cage for the new pregnant Mom cat that I am going to be picking up Sunday..

side note -- a little over 2 years ago my Mom was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer -- & she went through chemo and radiation. Now it's back.. she was doing so good, but it has come back, and she had to start treatment again. Right now it's outpatient which is nice because she can be at home, but it's sucky either way. Cancer is so horrible, and it just simply SUCKS. Even when her health was better and she was without cancer, she was negative & miserable, and it made me feel horrible. I told her she needed to find someone she could talk to, some kind of support group, but she never reached out. :\ Now it's back and she is even MORE depressed (And who can blame her) I just have always wanted to be closer to her and to get along with her really well and have a real close relationship with her, but her being negative really brings me down, and it's hard.

Needless to say, she really wants clam strips before she goes through her second round of chemo, which she starts monday.. so I planned on picking some up and eating at her house (with my bf, my brother and his wife) but now Mike is talking about going up to our camp alone. (see ya! I'm mad at him right now anyways) so.. Saturday night is going to include that, and then sunday I am going to pick up Pookie, which is my new preggo Mom... and then Sunday night I have to meet a transport, too, to pick up 5 cats coming from NC... then I have to meet up with our rescue to give him the cats, and ugh! So stressful, & busy, & I feel so alone at times. :| & that hurts. OH well, suck it up and do everything alone.. I guess. ugh.. anyways.

Hope everyone else will have a wonderful weekend!! Happy Friday! heh

My bestie's mom has had breast cancer twice. The first time was like 12 years ago and then the last time was about 2 years ago. Both times, were freaking horrible! I would not wish chemo or radiation on anyone, it was freaking heartbreaking and SO terrible. Thankfully my bestie's mom had a really good support system in her mom and sisters, they're from New York so family is HUGE. She's okay now, but its still taken about a year for her to get herself together again from the chemo. It takes SO much out of you and you're just tired all the time. Its taken her about a year to get some of her energy back and she's doing much better, stronger and feels more like herself. We pretty much gave the cancer the middle finger and told it to F off and it did! I hope your mom is okay. You just have to keep her laughing. We laughed more through the whole thing than we've ever laughed before. You get us all together, we're SO loud and we talk and laugh SO much. We always have the best stories and we're really animated so there were times when we'd have half a restaurant laughing with us. haha. Sometimes we get excited! haha.
I hope you're mom is okay though! Its horrible, but she can make it through!

More baby kittens! Wow. Thats so crazy, but its so good that you'll be able to help them and they'll be able to find homes. I think its great what you do with fostering!

I hate getting up early on Saturdays and Sundays too, but I get up early every weekend. My son is an early riser! Sometimes, I wish I could just sleep in though. LOL

In-laws are a pain in the ass. I seriously look at my husband sometimes and then look at them and I wonder how he made it through so normal. haha. Then sometimes his mom comes out in him and I just want to push him off a cliff. His sister on the other hand, did not come out of it very normal at all. She's a bit weird and a lot selfish and just...I could do without her too. LOL Its just part of being with someone, you either disown their family or you deal with it and grin and bear it. I would LOVE to disown my hubs family, but you know...thats rude. I'm southern, I know how to fake a smile better than anyone. Bless your heart!
hahhaha.

Happy Saturday!!

I basically wake up early every weekend, too, but that's simply because I am soooo used to getting up early, my body rarely lets me sleep past 8am anyways, but I usually don't want to get out of bed and start my day that early on saturdays and sundays, I'd like to sleep an extra hour or just lay around in bed with my cutie pets :) Oh well though right? Apparently our neighbor across the street is having some work done on his house and they wanted to start at 7am, so I prob. wouldn't have gotten much sleep either way. My dogs love to go crazy and bark at stupid strange noises like that, haha. I can't control it. Infact I would love to find an easier way to train them to STOP. ugh.

I think cancer effects everyone the same but also differently, too. Everyone is different, and unfortunately my Mom has had a lot of crap thrown at her in life.. she hasn't exactly been happy go-lucky before cancer, let alone now that this has happened, she is just negative and miserable. It is REALLY hard for me to make her laugh always. I try, but it is just not that easy. I am glad to hear you and your bestie and her mom were able to make it through cancer with a smile on your faces! I wish it was that easy in this situation.

I basically have to act like a southern belle as well, "Bless your heart!" The biggest thing is Joan (his mother) likes me... and I don't want to ruin that, but I just don't know how much of it I can handle!

Yesterday when I got home from work I set up a pen outside in the backyard.. and I brought the buns outside. It's still a struggle trying to catch both of them, to bring them. Gus will let me pick him up initially, but he does NOT like to be held, he scratches me and when I was bringing him back into the house he actually bit my arm! ugh. Tucker is the other way around, he doesn't like to be caught but when I hold him he's pretty okay with it. It's so strange!

Anyways, their bundate went REALLY really well. I have videos to prove it. Gusgus was so happy out there he was binkying all over. Tucker did happy hops around but he didn't binky. Whats that? You ask what he DID do? Oh.. here is a VIDEO of what he did! (Tell me what you think of this....)

[ame]http://youtu.be/XK0kirFQcoQ[/ame]

I'm so sorry your mom has breast cancer. I hope she pulls through it okay. None of my family has ever had any cancer of any sort and I can't imagine if they did. I'm so sorry! Hopefully she'll pull through it.

Yay! That's awesome that Tucker groomed Gus Gus! Woo Hoo! :D

I'm so sorry about your mom. It sounds like a very difficult situation for you both. Hopefully it will all work out and she will be well and back to her normal self quickly.

That's really great that your buns are getting along and grooming. If you are still seeing their little boy parts, it could be residual hormones, or it could just be them getting a little too excited when first being together. I don't know about buns, but I know my gelded horse would drop when he was a little too happy or relaxed. So maybe it works the same with buns. Eventually they will have to work the humping thing out, but for now I would limit it so that it isn't aggitating the other bun too much, and possibly escalating into a fight. So maybe let it go on for 10-15 seconds(or less if either is looking aggitated), then gently split them up. As they get more used to each other, you can let it go a little longer, or it may just stop completely.

Latest posts

Back