A lion and a lop... Tucker&GusGus

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lmao, you and your hubby are too funny! Love hearing yalls stories hehe.
Poor crazy Ellie. Bet she was like "hey take me back outside *scratchety scratch!* I am trying to dig to china!!!" lol.

I have a lion and a lop too, they make a great combo haha! Tucker and GusGus are adorbs, I had a mouse named Gus Gus once, he was too cute to feed to the snake so I kept him as a pet lol That was a long time ago though, no more reptiles for me!

yea lion lop pairs are cute. am having a lil trouble with moo n binoo atm tho they keep getting into lil tuffs. anywho figured id share a pic from when they where getting along.

541783_10151561523152025_1700576649_n.jpg

Usually it doesn’t take me this long to respond to all of you – and I really wanted to post an update today.. but I’ve been having a kind of bad day. :| It was also busy at work, too. I just am kind of fighting with the other half at the moment.

Morquinn – Your avatar is so cute, I like your lion and your lop, they are adorable!! How old are they? Male and female? Whats their names? Yay!! It looks like your lop is smaller than your lion huh? I think mines the other way around, actually. Haha

Morgan – Oh gosh, to be honest you are confusing me, haha. But I think next year I will prob. try something different other than the little starter kit, we’ll see how well this works. I have tiny little sproutlings, am I supposed to transfer them into pots once they’re sprouting? I’m not sure! Haha. And you’re right about giving Gus a little more time; I’m just always in such a rush because I want that instant gratification, but he is already improving, so I give him credit for that :D I’m amazed it has taken Ellie this long to flop a lot in front of you :\ poor sweet Morgan, your heart must’ve been aching!!! Mine is just thinking about that. You trapping Ellie in a box sounds kind of comical. I’m not sure how I would be able to do that with GusGus, haha.. but I am kinda cracking up about your husband you talking about your wild animal; I guess you both were kind of right when it came down to that.

Bunnybabyboo – Thanks also for stopping by! Your two are ALSO very very adorable! Geesh, these lion and lop pairs are breakin’ my heart with cuteness, I am SO sorry to hear about your guys getting into little tuffs though.. I hope it works out smoothly. Also thanks for the tissue box idea! I may have to use that for my boys!!

Katie – I was thinking about using a carrier, but I’m not sure how easy it would be to get him in and out, when I picked him up, it took him forever to get out of the carrier and I felt horrible forcing him out. :|

The thing w/ Tucker getting out is.. if he is squeezing behind the cage I just have to move the cage closer to the wall (I THINK) but it’s hard because of the way I have the pen connected.. it’s truly me just being lazy right now, I will have to undo the zip ties and redo it all.. which I will in a little bit tonight. But I wanna be around when I try them out ‘unsupervised’ again… so this weekend will be ideal.

Some other things to update you all on; GusGus has been doing pretty good.. when I let them out to roam, which now is only when I am home and can check on them often; to make sure if Tucker does get on GusGus’ side I can separate and nothing bad happens. When I do let them out to roam and I go in the room GusGus usually comes right up to me, but that’s just like my feet.. he doesn’t let me like lean down and pet him without him running away, though.. yes I’ve tried, haah. It’s so hard to resist.

Also, I switched their litter pans around the other day, and switched their food dishes today. I am about ready to go in their room and clean their areas a little bit, and then switch the sides of the rooms. I am unsure of how GusGus will figure out a regular bunny cage.. since he’s so used to the dog kennels, but we’ll see if he can figure out the little hole to get in and out, haha. I hope I’m not asking for trouble here! I’m more worried about litter box habbits.. although Tucker and Gus kind of stink with the poops being in their box, for the most part they do good when they’re in their cage, but when they’re roaming I find it everywhere.. though I am still unsure if it’s “poop-marking” or not. Either way; I am just SO happy it’s not pee!!!! I always pick the poops up and put them in their boxes, though.

Jenny - Thanks for your advice again, as usual, you are always amazing with that! It's rainy and everything here and supposed to be all weekend :( If it's nice out and I'm home & able I may try the boys outside on the porch again. Though, I have a feeling they will still be full of humping. And you're saying if they're humping then to stop right? and split them up again? I figure I'll still have to wait a couple of weeks.. Tomorrow is exactly 2 weeks since they were neutered. So, still brand new. I'm so glad there is no actual fighting of course! My boys do seem pretty determined to be together, huh? It's kind of ridiculous! LOL. I will def. try the porch thing together as soon as I can and the weather permits! :B

So, as this is a new blog, I want to let everyone know, we foster kitties. And back in the beginning of April we got a feral kitty in. (She doesn't like or trust people) She was pregnant, and the rescue figured I'd be the best to handle it, since I'm a little more comfortable working with them. Luckily it has worked out amazingly and I have wanted to experience the whole baby kittens thing.. but my heart is breaking. Stella is the momma kitty, she had 6 cute adorable kittens on April 11th, 2013. They are exactly 4 weeks old TODAY. And they are absolutely adorable and so so amazing, I just can't get enough of them. They make my bad day turn GREAT. Like, nothing in the world can be wrong while I'm hanging with them!! Anyway, I wanted to post some cute pictures for all of you to enjoy also!

null_zpsb96d6c0d.jpg

null_zps01228a35.jpg

null_zps0dd06a36.jpg

null_zps73e3cdb1.jpg

The white & black one is named Little Luigi, and he is the most friendliest.. they're all very friendly, but he climbs all over me and is the first to get out of the kitten pile to jump on me and love on me :) It makes me so happy!! These babies are also a huge part of my life and my heart is already breaking thinking about rehoming them. It'll be so hard to say goodbye.

(Also, as my friends should know on here, I named him little Luigi after the Luigi was lost in transport - I named him while he was still lost, and plan to keep it even though he is now found & going to be mine)

null_zpsa99edbef.jpg

An update on the big Luigi who is going to be myyy boy soon, he is actually going to be transported to me this sunday. I am SO nervous since that was the last time he ended up 'escaping' and being missing for nearly 3 months. :| But I am going to have to trust in these people. I am going to be driving from my house in MA, all the way to Rhode Island, and picking him up and 5 other kitties and bringing them to the next driver, who is going to take the other kitties up towards Maine.. Gonna be a long day for all of these kitties. Also going to be a long day for me, too. I have to pick them up around 8:30pm in RI.. which is over 2hrs away, then head home... and still drop the others off.. I am not looking forward to it, but of course I will be doing it, because it's the least I can do. I am anxious and excited to get my boy Luigi... now here is to hoping he'll get along with all my babies here.

Last edited:
Morgan is teaching me how to use TinyPic... AND I thought you guys would like to see this cute pictures of my girls who were cuddling with me last night on the couch. Love them!! Sophie & Tinka.

4uxrvs.jpg

Awww very cute pictures! Shoot its gonna be rainin here all weekend too. It suuuucks!
Whenever one of the terds don't want to get out of their crates, I just set it down and let them come out on their own. Or if its a pop off top then you could pop it off. OR, if one is particularly scared and takes a long time coming out. Let that one out first and then when he finally comes out let the other one out. Did you get my email??

Great to see the new blog Danielle. I recognise all the animals form your other one and love the kitties. When will you get Luigi or have you got him already...his story was amazing and he´ll be lucky when he joins your home.

Love the dogs and your two boys are just so cute. Love furry faced Tucker and GusGus is such a lovely little guy and I´m rooting for them. It is so funny he manages to get out, I can just imagine him humping poor Tucker.

I bought a basil plant today for my three, it´s their favourite so once I´ve used the leaves, I´ll put it out on the terrace to see if it grows again. it´s a bit hit and miss for me as it´s starting to get really hot again now...it said 41ºC today on my thermometer in the car when I got in this afternoon. I like the nice weather but it´s just been too humid today.

Love that pic of Sophie and Tinka...obviously, they don´t fight like cat and dog lol.

Morquinn – Your avatar is so cute, I like your lion and your lop, they are adorable!! How old are they? Male and female? Whats their names? Yay!! It looks like your lop is smaller than your lion huh? I think mines the other way around, actually. Haha

The lops name is Ollie, he is only 9 weeks old, the lionhead is Babs, she is about 3 1/2 months old. They are inseperable when out of their cages, which they wont be able to play together for much longer until they get spayed and nuetered, sad, but hopefully they will bond again later!

Luigi will be in transport this sunday ALL DAY. It's going to be a long day. I will have to leave my house around 6pm.. so that I can drive 2 and a half hours away, I need to drive to RI to pick him up, along with 5 other cats, and take them back to my home, where another lady will meet me & will take the other 5 cats on their way. They are going to a rescue in Maine, I guess. I prob. won't be home 'til around 10:30 or 11:00, so it's going to be a long long night. :| I'm wicked bummed because it's gunna be sunday night, which means I have to work bright and early the next morning. Which means I can't spend too much time with my boy Luigi. & I am so so anxious, it's about time! 3 months is too too long! Thanks for asking Chris, he doesss have a pretty amazing story! And I am just so glad it is going to have a happy ending! Finally!!

I'm glad you guys enjoyed Tinka & Sophie. They aren't always laying down together, but they definitely love me and to cuddle with me, so it sometimes ends up like that, haha. I love my girls!!

Alright, so I wanted to share a lot of things with you guys.. I'll start off with this video, which will show you guys a big step Gusgus and I had last night :)

[ame]http://youtu.be/Bgo0D5OBYHw[/ame]

Yay he let you pet him!! Does he like getting forhead rubs? Smokey loves that so much. But it looks like he's really settling in. :)

This is a bunny who was boxing at me and wouldn't even let me pick him up. I got to pick him up today a couple of times but yesterday he flopped in front of me and stayed flopped as I petted him! It made me feel so accomplished.

That's really great! He looked so relaxed, and looked like he enjoyed the pets. That's pretty good that he would tolerate full body petting. Sometimes mine don't want me petting their whole body, and usually just want head rubs and cheek rubs. Especially their little feetsies. They HATE me touching their feet.

The suggestion to stop playtime if they started humping was just cause if all they are caring about is humping each other the whole time, then there really isn't much of a point to continue the play date since they wouldn't really be playing. Plus if all they are doing is humping, then sometimes the rabbit being *molested* can start to get irritated if it goes on too long. So that's why I said that you should probably just end the date, and wait a little longer for the hormones to fade a bit more.

Can't wait to see pics of the new kitty all settled into his new home. I can tell you are so excited for him to finally be home with you :)

Aww! He looks like such a sweetie! He really reminds me of Foo though, so it made me a little sad. Not his color, but just being a mini lop and his head and body.

I'm glad that he's making progress towards being more comfortable with you! That was big steps forward! Ellie barely lets me pet her while she's flopped like that.
I can't wait for you to get Luigi FINALLY!

Morgan, I am so sorry that it made you sad. I know you must still be so devasted about beautiful Foo. :( I thought that it was a huge step for GusGus & I... he is learning to trust me, yesterday he was okay with my picking him up a couple of times, too, but its the 'catching him' part that is hard.. haha and of course when I was putting him to bed, he didn't like me picking him up then. He jumped out of my hands :( and it was kind of scary but luckily he landed okay!

Jenny - I actually did put them on the porch for play time yesterday, as you suggested. I did it mostly because I was anxious to see how it would be, and it was nice enough out. :) I have a couple of videos I want to share with you guys about that.

I was surprised because Tucker was humping GusGus and I thought it would've been the other way around because GusGus was so brave there, and Tucker was the nervous one the other day, but it was kinda both ways. They both humped, but I DID have some success, where it looked like GUS wanted to be groomed by Tucker, and Tucker just groomed himself instead! haha. I may have a little Phoebe and Buster on my hands!

Anyway, here are the videos.. I didn't record the whole thing because I hate when Tucker humps Gus on the face or vice versa, I'm always so scared they're going to bite eachothers pee-pees when they're in that position, and I'm too much of a wimp. I get too scared! haha

[ame]http://youtu.be/qWKA1abJiJM[/ame]

And then, the second video, which I like a little more :) and think you guys will too.. maybe?

[ame]http://youtu.be/j9WA6pF30OM[/ame]

That didn't look too bad. It's good they aren't wanting to fight or nip, but you will need to be careful with Gus humping Tucker, as it seems to kind of freak Tucker out a little, so if he gets too nervous he may bite. And definitely separate quickly if they are humping the wrong end, or you may be paying the vet a visit if they are still hormonal and you can still see their little wee-wees. If they are still coming out when they hump, you may even want to wait another week before trying again. You also may want a little bit smaller area where you can more closely supervise and more easily split them up if you need to. You could even just block off part of a room to make it a little smaller. You just want to be able to easily reach them and separate them, since they are just interested in each other and not so much in playing or exploring yet. But that did look good in the second video, a lot like Buster and Phoebe. And maybe it means the hormones are starting to fade too.

In the beginning of the second video was Tucker licking Gus a little bit? I thought it was funny that Gus kept shoving his head under Tucker. :) You have such handsome boys, I swear I will bunnynap them someday!

Well those looked good to me for their first time! GusGus is so big lol. Looked just like buster and my Feebs hehehehe. Tomorrow is the big day! Congratulations! I'm excited for you!!!!!

Latest posts

Back