A lifetime of adventures!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nessa decided to pee on my favorite pair of boots today. Leather boots. Oy vey. I told her that we're going to have roasted rabbit for Thanksgiving dinner if she keeps up the peeing on my expensive shoes. :p
Nessa had her first bit of cilantro the other day! I've never seen her that excited for food before. And she's a pig.
I've started to say "Sooeyyyyyy" before I give her morning pellets. I don't think she appreciates it very much.
I was going to post a throw back thursday picture... yesterday.. but I forgot. Of course I forgot. Anyway, here's a picture of me and the cuddle dragon from our Easter photoshoot earlier this year. I'm already planning our Christmas photoshoot. I'm not crazy. Just slightly obsessed. I think bunnies tend to have that effect.

untitled (35).jpg

Aaawwwwww, look at Nessa having cuddles!! She's so cute. Such a nice photo of both of you! Your hair is awesome. :)

Naughty Nessa piddling in mama's shoes though!

Pani: Thank you! :p

Today is Nessa's first birthday!!
I threw her a little bunny party with a homemade (bunny safe) banana "cake" and gave her some new toys. :D
In February is her "gotcha day"; I can't believe I've had my little fluff ball for almost a year! Feels like just yesterday I was driving home with her in my lap.
Happy Birthday, sniffles. And may many more come!
(⤵ Photo of Nessa and her cake [she didn't hardly eat any of it :p] ft. "humpty bear" in the background.)

untitled (56).jpg

Haven't been on RO in a forever it seems. This time of year is always so busy for me! End of the school semester (I'm looking at you, final exams..), preparing for the holiday season, family, cooking lots of festive food, etc! :pullhair:

Nessa is doing great, a little moody and brooding; but great regardless.

She's the Queen Bee of my house. She rules with an iron paw.
She's made some things very obvious to her humble servants over the past month:
  • She doesn't like the Christmas tree. Or the Christmas snowmen I have around my house. Or the nutcrackers. She just doesn't like Christmas.
  • She will poop everywhere but in her litterbox and I just have to get with the program.
  • If I leave anything on the floor, she will pee on it. That includes textbooks. No mercy from her royal rabbitness.
  • She will only eat Oxbow pellets. 'No going back to Kaytee, silly human. I will eat only the finest foods.'
  • If she wants some banana, she will travel to the ends of the earth to get it. And by ends of the earth, I mean walk across the hard wood floors, and claw up my leg as I'm making lunch. That lunch happened to have been peanut butter and banana sandwiches.
  • She wants to have her candy-cane patterned blanket to snuggle with available at all times. If not; foot thumping and unhappy grunting will proceed. Maybe even peeing on every blanket that isn't the candy-cane one, if she feels like it.
  • All of the ingredients for Christmas cookies and such must be tested by the bunny. Raspberries for raspberry cookie bars? Must taste some. Bananas for banana bread? Mine! Apples for apple tarts? Gimme gimme.
Being a bunny slave is hard work sometimes. Sigh.

(I found this funny photo on Pinterest the other night, and just had to share it with everyone.)

bunnybunny.jpg

Oh my Easter Bunny!! I had been taking some time off of the internet and completely forgot about RO!
Wow, time passes so quickly.
Nessa is doing great, she's enjoying all the sunshine and warmer weather. (I will include some sunbathing pics of her :) ).
Slowly but surely, I'm saving up money to get her fixed; I'm getting so close! :D

Not much has changed honestly, Nessa's fur has gotten darker: giving her a cute little smudge over her nose.
She's still the queen bee of my house, ruling with an iron paw.
I'm going to start updating about her more on here, like I did before.

Oh! If anyone is interested, I started Nessa an Instagram account: @nessa_the_bun. I would love to see if anyone else here has an account for their bunny!

Anywho, here are some bunny pics!

DSC_0903.jpg

DSC_0911.jpg

DSC_0904.jpg

She looks like the most gorgeous grump ever! Clementine makes the same face. Must be a mini lop thing.

I'm following Nessa on instagram!

How old is your rabbit?
She's cute :)
I think my rabbit, Franky, might look like yours when he gets older.

Hello Nessa's master,

Just read through the thread and I must say, you have an awesome lop. I am completely jealous of you, I also live in NC but never found a good lop rabbit :(. Even though I am in the triangle and searched throughout Charlotte/triad/and some in VA I could never find a rescue with a lop. Oh well, Lilith is an awesome rabbit :).

But yes you have a beautiful lop, and sounds like she is growing up fast! I think you will love it after the spay, Lilith became the ultimate bunny afterwards and is now 100% litter trained (I get maybe 1-4 stray poops a week but all in her "cage").

If you don't mind me asking did you get her from a breeder in NC? I really hate to use a breeder (don't think I will be taking a baby bunny in again :p). Love the antics but I think I will be look 6 months+ haha.

Hiya, Tnarg.
Lilith is an adorable name by the way. :p
And yes, I did get Nessa from a breeder. I couldn't find any rabbit rescues in NC for the life of me and wanted a lop so badly. I found "Luv Some Bunny Special" rabbitry in Durham, NC. (They specialize in Fuzzy Lops, Holland Lops, and Lionheads) I was cautious at first (never know what you're gonna find when it comes to breeders) but she had a great reputation and I'd suggest her to anyone that wants to find a lop! I couldn't be happier with Nessa. She was hand raised and very tame when I got her.
I think rabbit breeders can be just fine as long as they are humane, don't inbreed, have clean cages/spaces, have a good reputation in the community, etc. But I am also 100% for adoption and rescue (tons of my pets have been rescue, I honestly think Nessa is my only breeder bought pet).
And thanks for complimenting my pretty Nessa! :p I think she's beautiful too. (But I might be slightly biased, hehe)

No way! Thats less than 25 minutes from me. Now the temptation NOT to lop will be soo difficult haha. Also, I am pretty sure that Greensboro SPCA neuters for cheap one weekend out of the month! I would call their shelter and ask, may save a fair amount of money! Same goes for other SPCA shelters, many can do it for cheap if you ask (nicely ;))

Tnarg: Thanks for that suggestion! I'll have to call the SPCA and check that out. :)

Nessa ripped her toenail yesterday and I've been babying her ever since. I think I'm creating an attention hog. She's now expecting me to pick her up and carry her around the house while I do things. I know, poor me, having to deal with a cuddly bunny 24/7. :boohoo:

I'm getting soooo much closer to getting her spayed. I'm now working two jobs so I'm saving up money quickly! I might be able to get her in by the end of June! (Fingers crossed)

Nessa has decided that my rule about "No getting on the couch" has become irrelevant and she's gonna do whatever she pleases. nessaoncouchhhh.jpg
At least she looks cute while disobeying.

I'm also guilty of taking selfies with Nessa. She's become a selfie pro, she even starts to pose when I pull my phone out. :hiding:
selfiebunny.jpg

After extensive research, word of mouth, and some slight pleading; I found someone who will do Nessa's spay for only $100!! I'm setting up her appointment tomorrow for the initial visit! :yahoo:
I'm super happy about this, I hope it all works out :D

So Nessa was spayed yesterday, did great according to the doctor, and I brought her home last night.
That's when all hell broke loose. :embarrassed:
I totally get why she's mad at me so I've been trying to give her some space. That all went great until it was time for meds. Talk about a battle of the wits. I was overly hesitant to pick her up or anything but she just kept jumping around and bounding across her cage to avoid me. So, we had a struggle for about an hour over this until I just gave up. A little while later I had the idea to wrap her up in a towel, sit her on my lap and shove the med syringe into her mouth. It worked! She just slept for the rest of the night.
Time hop; and today she was due for more meds. Anti-inflammatory and pain. I did the same bunny towel burrito trick, and she didn't fight me too much, until the syringe hit her mouth. She flipped out, twisting and kicking to get away. I panicked not wanting her to bust open her incision and let her go. She proceeded to run grunting and foot flicking under my bed and pee all over the place. :expressionless
I went to coax her back into the cage and got a nice chomp on the hand. I ended up just grabbing her, shoving the syringe in her mouth, and shoving her back in the cage. She's now hunkered in her litterbox giving me evil looks.
I don't want to hurt her, but the vet said she has to get these meds! So I'm stuck with an angry bunny and an anxietal me. Hopefully she has a quick recovery so we won't have to battle it out anymore.

Sorry to hear you have such an angry bunny haha, but it happens to the best of us. Atleast she is a cuddle bunny in all other respects, many of us envy you. I will say I got. Lucky that the vet kept Lilith for 2 weeks after the spay for free so I haven't had to deal with that. Not sure I'll do a young bunny again after this lol (though my desire for a lop is still burning in the back of my mind). I will say to the avian exotic vet in raleigh is superrrrrr good if you ever get worried about her :) they also have ser cheap nail trimmings, so hopefully you can eat their techs get all of the bad looks!

Shida was a nightmare too we had a mad dash to the emergency vet at 8 pm on a Friday night 3 days after her surgery because she licked her stitches out we didn't get home until after midnight that day. I kept her in a plastic box with wire on the top and blankets litter tray food and water and just enough room to lie down so I could easily grab her to give her meds and she couldn't jump around and pop her stitches out.

Latest posts

Back