A lifetime of adventures!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's possible that the poop fest is due to bunny hormones. I know you're saving up to get her spayed, I wish I had some suggestions in the mean time. I'm assuming she's in her cage overnight, do all the poops go in the tray then?

I was thinking the extra poops were due to hormones as well, Bec. And yes, at night she is caged. I would have to say about 70% of the poops end up in her tray at night.
My poor "Get Nessa Fixed" savings are being drained thanks to my mangy mutt. She decided to shred my carpet while I was on vacation, so I currently have rugs placed randomly over the gaping holes. Dumb dog. :X
Hopefully I can find a vet with a cheaper spay price soon. I have some of my old friends I worked at an animal shelter with on the lookout for any good deals on rabbit spays. :)

Hi Ana, Nessa is so cute and sassy. My daughter adopted a bun named Muffin in June. Muffin has brought her such joy. You mentioned bouts of depression in one of your posts. My daughter also suffers from this. Muffin has helped her sooo much. I would love to see pics of Nessa's cage (and your other pets).

Nessa is a cool bunny.

On the subject of vets, so many are now into it JUST for profit, not for the love. Don't get me wrong- everybody deserves to make a living; but when I read about how the $50 spay became $300, it really peeved me!!!!

Bunnyman666: It peeved me too! :p
grandmom2muffin: Oh that's wonderful that muffin helps your daughter! Bunnies do seem to have a special magic that makes depression a bit easier to deal with. Must be those sweet little bunny kisses.

I'm debating posting a picture of Nessa's cage.... I'm not too happy with it..
It was a gift from my parents when I first brought her home, so of course I didn't get to put in the needed size requirements, aaaand it's a bit too small for her (I also dislike the wire bottom, but she doesn't seem to mind and still uses a litterbox regardless). At the time (when she was a cotton ball with eyes) it was a perfect size, she could binky and run in circle. Now she's a big fat piggy and can't run around in it like she used to. You could say I'm a bit jealous about all those wonderful NIC cages some bunnies have. :boohoo: I do make up for the small cage size by letting her have at least 12 hours free range. My bed is the popular hang out spot, haha.

Nessa became a bit of an internet sensation a few weeks ago. I fell inlove with a book called: "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes: And Other Lessons from the Crematory" by Caitlin Doughty. It's a wonderful book for someone who is fascinated by "taboo" topics and the macabre. I'm also currently studying mortuary sciences, so double yay! Anywho. I sent in a photo of Nessa next to the book to the author, and she posted it on her facebook page! Her photo got 387 likes. But who's counting? (ME :p )

I discovered through a series of odd events that my gerbil Chibi and Nessa really like each other! Nessa likes to lick her-ehhh-his head. And chibi likes to groom the tip of Nessa's nose. All the "playdates" don't last very long and are highly supervised, but I just think it's so cute how well they get along. Chibi had the gender fairy come to visit one day recently, and I was informed that after nearly two years of owning he-erh-him (still trying to get used to that) that it was not a she but a he! I'm such a horrible gerbil mommy. :X

I caught a picture of Nessa cuddling on my lap. Bad quality but I just love it. :D

DSC00500.jpg

DSC00374.jpg

DSC00331.jpg

DSC00572.jpg

Wow, head-on you can see Nessa's eyes! Merlin's mad jelly. When you look at him head-on his eyes are totally obscured by fur. I wonder how he avoids bumping into things when he runs.

Nessa's little dewlap is so cute too. :)

I took a little video of Nessa chinning my fingers. (It's horrid quality) She does it on a regular basis, not sure why she does it so frequently. She should already know she owns me. :p
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVU7KRo47OU&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

She is SO adorable! I love her little
doe eyes and teeny ears.

I was sure that I had posted the youtube link to the chinning video in my last entry.. Can anyone see it or should I repost?

In honor of the autumn season, I got Nessa a bunny sized pumpkin! She seemed to only want to chin and lick it. :p

DSC01155.jpg

DSC01156.jpg

Awww squee! I bought a pumpkin for Barry and dehydrated it, but he found it yuckeh. Fortunately the dogs appreciate it.

Leave it to a bunny to scare the sh*t out of you! Little booger makes me worry like nothing else. :pullhair:
And yet I still adore her.

Thought I'd give the back story of Nessa's name-- since I'm feeling all sentimental with bunny love.

If you didn't already know, I'm a huge nerd. And what's nerdier than Tolkien?
Anywho. There's a character in the book called "The Silmarillion" named Nessa.
"Nessa is lithe and swift of foot; she loves fast moving creatures such as deer. She is also a dancer. Nessa is noted for her speed, she can outrun deer who follow her in the wilds. She often dances on the never fading green lawns of Valimar."
Nessa means "Forever young."
The whole dancing and swift of foot, I thought was perfect for a bunny. :D
The whole passage just puts a wonderful picture in my mind.
Nessa is a bit far from graceful, with those clumsy half binkies that result in the "What? I totally meant to do that, Mom. Geez." look.
But I think her name fits her.
As for "Misha" her middle name (Yes I gave her a middle name, how else would I call her when I'm angry?) I didn't gave that one as much thought. I found out it means "Who is like God?" but at the time I thought it sounded cute and I may or may not be a fan of the show Supernatural.... :p
Okay. I'm done being sentimental now.
Wait no I'm not. I'm reminiscing in baby Nessa photos. They grow up so fast. :cry4:

1972418_371937072949616_550621203_n.jpg

1960066_371936736282983_1925300186_n.jpg

Squeeeeeee, the helicopter ears! I remember that stage well. Although my buns were much less symmetrical. This was baby Merlin lol:

tumblr_nesn05slS51qarrtbo1_1280.jpg

Latest posts

Back