A Kid Named Kaelum

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww, Leyna Rue, love it! Good job! And can't wait to see the pictures. Kaelum reminds me of a bunny named Butterfinger whose owner used to post here. Do you remember him and his owner? Butterfinger died in October 2007. Shortly after I joined. I was heartbroken because he was so, so cute and I loved him so much even though I'd never met him.

Beautiful name for a beautiful girl. Love the middle name Rue. Always reminds me of "Winnie the Pooh's Kanga and Roo. Maybe she's be a high jumper like her Father.?

How's Kaelum been doing with his jumping? Hope he's doing well. Such a pretty boy.

Oh and can't not ask about your "Heart" Horse, Jake. Hope it's all going well and you are really getting to know each other. Know how special a "Heart" animal is. I have a "Heart" bunny.

K:)

Snowy - I think I do remember Butterfinger!

Karen - I love the name Rue, too! It's actually from The Hunger Games, at least this spelling is, but it also reminds me of Roo from Winnie The Pooh, as well as my REW (ruby-eyed-white) Mini Rex.

I haven't worked with Kaelum in a while. I've been soooo busy between work and the barn and helping out with 4-H. I may take him out for a lesson tonight though. My Jeep broke down on my way to work this evening, so I'm at home after all.

Leyna Rue is officially her name. Leyna is prounced lei-nuh, not Lena.

Here are some pictures! :)
JunePics011.jpg

JunePics012.jpg

JunePics008.jpg

JunePics019.jpg

And one of Dusty! :)
JunePics020.jpg

Emily

Oh my gosh, she is soooooo cute. SOOOO. CUTE. And so is her papa! What an adorable little pair. What are your plans for her? My plan for her is to kidnap her when we're in Washington in July :D

So how is Lena pronounced? To me Lena and Lei-na are pronounced the same way (Lay-na). Is it like Lay-na or Lee-na?

Know what you mean when you get busy, plus being with wheels it's tough sometimes getting everything done. Hope though you get some work in with Kaelum. Just think it's so neat to watch him jump.

Thanks for sharing all the pics.

Leyna is gorgeous. I've heard of the Hunger Games, but have not seen or read the books. Heard both were really good.

K:)

@Snowy - LOL! My plans for her is that I would eventually like to find a 4-her to show her. Maybe see how she does at jumping, as well, but that's still a few months off. :) Right now she's just getting to enjoy being a baby.

Leyna is pronounced Lay-na. Lena is like Lee-na. lol.

@Karen - Yeah, I think I'm going to go work him right now. Have to go out and clean cages anyway, so might as well. :) Just a quick lesson though.

Also, I totally missed your question about how Jake & I are getting along until after I had posted! I've actually known him for 2 years (this November) and been riding him that long as well, so we are really bonded already. :) My sister is a pro photographer and took some GREAT pictures of us today, so I will share a few when she has finished them!

Emily

The only place I've really heard the name Lena used was when I lived in Austria. It was a very common name there and pronounced LAY-na. That's why that's the pronunciation to me :) I think of Lina as LEE-na. Regardless, turns out I was pronuncing your girl's name right anyway!

wow what a wonderful little rabbit you have. I tink I will start two of my rabbits right away. I already have the jumps- mini jumps for dog agility.. One of my boys is a definate hopper and I hope my other little boy will take to as well.

Thought I would give an update on how everyone here is doing! :)

Leyna is getting big so fast! I can't believe she was only 5 weeks when I first got her and now she's roughly 3 months old. I know she was born in April, but can't remember the exact date. Guess that is what happens when you're not in charge of the doe being bred, huh? lol.

Dusty and Kailua are still here. I thought I'd found a good home for them but the buyer kept flaking and I haven't heard from them in weeks. :/ So back to square one we go. I can't believe Dusty hasn't been snatched up by a 4-Her yet. He's so perfect for a little kid because of his personality and size.

Kaelum hasn't been out for a formal jumping lesson in a while. I've been busy with work and when I'm home I just want to relax because I'm starting to get burnt out between working at the barn and working at the store. I did take him out and pop him over a few fences when my niece and nephews were up visiting this weekend from Texas. :)

It also doesn't help that the best times to have a lesson are in the evenings when it's cooler out, since it's now summer.

BunniesJuly31001.jpg

BunniesJuly31002.jpg

I brought Dusty & Kailua out for a little bit of "playtime" tonight while I cleaned the rabbits' dishes and got their dinner ready. Dusty is on the top, Kailua is on the bottom. Kai can never take any flattering pictures, which is unfortunate because I think they'd help when I post sales ads. :/

They both didn't really play, just sat in the same spot or moved around a little and grazed.

BunniesJuly31003.jpg

Leyna is going to be moved to a larger cage soon. She is growing so quickly! She came out the other day for her first harness lesson and did great! She even explored over some ground poles and really loved them. Not sure yet if she'll be cut out for hopping, but time will tell. She's still too young to do much of anything other than harness training and ground poles for another month or two.

BunniesJuly31004.jpg
Kaelum was being camera shy.

BunniesJuly31005.jpg
Decided to take pictures and show everyone how much pelleted feed my rabbits get. This is a 1/3 cup, and Kaelum, Dusty, and Kailua all get half in the morning and half at night, equaling 1/3 cup of pellets a day. So when I say pellets should be an important part of a rabbits diet, I definitely don't mean that's all they should have. My rabbits are on restricted pellet amounts to keep them at weight.

BunniesJuly31006.jpg
Leyna gets a full 1/3 cup twice daily until she gets to about 6 months, then it will be decreased to 1/3 cup daily.

BunniesJuly31007.jpg

BunniesJuly31008.jpg

I picked a bunch of fresh grass and blackberry leaves (to cool down their systems) for tonight's snack. They also each get a handful of orchard hay. This is from a bale I bought last week and I absolutely LOVE how green and fresh it is. The rabbits do too!

BunniesJuly31009.jpg

BunniesJuly31010.jpg

:) That's all for now!

Emily

Latest posts

Back