A diet for Lupa

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaymas

Reaction score
I just want to make sure Lupa is getting everything she needs. I know she needs unlimited hay, we have timothy hay in a hay rack for her and a hay ball on the second level of her cage if she goes there. We have pellets and greens but how much should she get and when should she get them?

We give ours pellets only in the evening and veggies are split up between the morning and evening. Their mangers are always stuffed full of orchard grass. The amount of pellet and greens is varied here by weight--our smallest is 3 and our largest is 19 pounds.

So pellets shouldn't stay out all day? And if she's about 6lbs would a cup of greens in the morning and then another cup at night be ok? And maybe a 1/2 cup of pellets?

kaymas wrote:
So pellets shouldn't stay out all day? And if she's about 6lbs would a cup of greens in the morning and then another cup at night be ok? And maybe a 1/2 cup of pellets?
My rabbit Honey is a little over 6lbs, and I give him 1/4 cup of pellets only at night. Sometimes he doesn't even finish it all in one go, but he goes crazy as soon as he hears me unscrew the food jar, lol. He also gets around a cup and a half of veggies in the afternoon and unlimited timothy hay.

Maybe I'll start with about 1/2 a cup and if theres a lot left I'll cut it down to a 1/4 cup. I'm sure we'll figure it out :) I gave her about 2 cups of greens tonight because she didn't get any yesterday and she just loved it. I was so afraid of her not eating but she loved the arugula :)

kaymas wrote:
Maybe I'll start with about 1/2 a cup and if theres a lot left I'll cut it down to a 1/4 cup. I'm sure we'll figure it out :) I gave her about 2 cups of greens tonight because she didn't get any yesterday and she just loved it. I was so afraid of her not eating but she loved the arugula :)
Any change in diet it's good to start slow, anyways :) And I love vegetable shopping for the rabbit--it's fun to pick out what veggies he's going to get for the week.

I've noticed that she's not really eating her pellets but I think thats just because I don't have any of what she was eating at the shelter. I'm hoping she'll develop a taste for something else.

She's a little over a year. Thank you! She ended up eating a lot of her pellets last night but definitely gonna check this out

Latest posts

Back