A day at SunnieBunnie Rabbitry...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunnieBunnie Rabbitry

Reaction score
Been a while since I posted,but nothing really interesting has happened until today... (sorry ifit's long)

So, I was out doing my round of breedings today.
Started out nothing out of the ordinary... got onedoe bred, she needed a little time with the buck to "get in the mood",no problem - 3 hits - deed done - back in her cage...

Kokopelli's Tim(Buck#1)Kokopelli'sGina (Doe#1)
Resized_TimSide.jpg
Resized_GinaSide.jpg

On to the next doe...
Check her - she's receptive but antsy - put her inwith the buck she's being bred to - doesn't want to cooperate so Iswitch their cages (him in hers, her in his) and left to a birthdayparty.
I came home several hours later and the trickworked - she's READY - BAM! BAM! BAM! 3 hits down within 20 minutes -deed done - back in her cage...

LK's Austin(Buck#2)LakeView's Mokey (Doe#2)
Resized_AustinSide.jpg
Resized_mokey.jpg

On to doe #3...
Doe #3 isn't in the mood, not receptive - shedoes't cooperate with her buck - so I figure I'll wait until next roundof breedings for her (in a few more weeks). Doe #4 - samestory - next time.

Ahh... Doe #5 - Virgin doe... She's receptive,she's VERY willing (has been since she was 2 months old!..LOL... She'snow 8 mos)... She's one of my show doe's - got 1 leg already but islooking more brood now, doubt she'll get more legs - Eh, whynot...

Look over my bucks - two have been used already- I already did a similar color breeding to one remaining buck - thatleaves my Handsome, Sweet little REW buck (Also a Virgin... He'll beSr. in a few weeks)... I look him over... decide they'll make a nicepairing - their genetics line up and their type compliment each other(He has an AWESOME topline)... so I put her in withhim...

Not even 10 seconds later - POW! He gets her....but instead of doinga "Happy Stomp"... HE ATTACKSHER!!! OH GEEZ! - I pull her out right away look her over -she's fine. Great... he only got her one time and I need thisdoe to take. I wait about 20 minutes (holding her the entiretime) and decide to give it another shot (lots of hormones in the air,maybe he got over excited) ...

I cautiously push him to the back of the cageand put her in (keeping my hands on her, I don't want anything bad tohappen to either of them)... he comes up, sniffs her and starts doinghis thing again --- cool, no problems. Eh, Wrong - the secondhe pops her again - he runsa circle around his cage and laysback his ears starting to go in her direction... I yank her out intime.

This boy is one of the sweetest rabbits in mybarn! Loves to give kisses, very personable, loves tocuddle. But I guess those girls drive out the beast inhim!...LOL. He's got all the pluses show and breeding wise -but it looks like he'll keep me on my toes with the ladies!

Gosh I hope she took with just two hits.

Here he is -
SBR's Bacardi (Buck#3)Kokopelli's Rachel (Doe#5)
Resized_Baca0001.jpg
Resized_RachelSide.jpg

Love your photos, but have to give a tip onproper posing :) Your rabbits are "tucked up" in the photos(improperly posed). You do want to present a close coupled,deep type, but do not jam the rabbits together. Gina is anexcellent example of improper posing, which makes her look undercut andspoils the appearance of her hindquarters. Be sure that thefront toes are even with the eyes. The rear toesare nottoextend past the hip joint --and should not bejammed up to the rabbit's elbows. I also like to be able tosee the rabbit's head and ears in the photos.

Bacardi looks like a really nice buck -- hope he produces many nice offspring for you!

Pam

Hi SunnieBunnie,

Wow, you certainly do have your hands full, but wait until this baby boom happens in a month!

:shock:

-Carolyn

Yep, we will bewaiting for lots of pictures of all those cute babies in a few weeks! Ibet that was a bit scary when that buck started acting all freaky.Especially if his personality is so much opposite of that! I hope theday ends up being "successful" in the end! Keep us posted!

Raspberry

Thank you all ... I will definately keep you updated with baby pics! ;)

Thank you for the tips Pam - I had someone else pose them while Isnapped the pictures - they said they knew what they were doing& I was too new to rabbits to know thedifference...lol. I've been needing to update those picturesanyways... they are WAY out dated... Gina isSr.nowand her coat looks much better than what is shown same as with Rachel.

No doubt -- it's hard to get good photos ofrabbits LOL We've had Hollands for many years and they are anabsolute nightmare to photograph!

Pam

Latest posts

Back