A Book Every Rabbit Parent Should Own

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolyn

Reaction score
When Your Rabbit Needs Special Care: Traditional and Alternative Healing Methods (Paperback)by Lucile C. Moore (Author), Kathy Smith (Author)

I strongly recommend this book to have in your library. It's incredibly informative and covers everything from the basics - syringe feeding or giving your babies IVs - to dealing with rabbits with broken limbs or in wheelchairs. It's amazing.

It's brand new on the market.

http://www.amazon.com/When-Your-Rabbit-Needs-Special/dp/159580031X/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1216919430&sr=8-1

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny you should mention this! I just ordered my copy last night! Dr. Moore is fabulous. (I have her rabbit primer too!) Can't wait to get my copy of this book!

Both of the authors are fantastic. I'll be ordering this as soon as the current foster bun with medical problem debacle is over...

Caryolyn, is there mention of a harlequin bun named Karla in it? If they used her picture I think she'd be in a wheelchair/cart. I know the authors requested info on her to use in the book but I don't know if it was used or not. She belongs to a forum member and I've met her personally. Amazing bunny.

naturestee wrote:
Both of the authors are fantastic.
Caryolyn, is there mention of a harlequin bun named Karla in it?

Indeed BOTH authors are great. :D

I'll look for Karla's picture tonight, Naturestee and let you know tomorrow. She sounds like a brave little girl.

All the best to you and yours - and that special foster bunny you're helping.

I got my copy last night and an devouring it! (I'm only 1/3 of the way through it!) Just can't believe all this info is in one book. So happy to see real medical advice along side things like massage and alternate healing discussed. This is a great book.

RexyRex wrote:
Lucile Moore is great, I have her book "A House Rabbit Primer" and it is a great tool for bunny owners as well.  I'll be picking this up, thank you for posting it!

I have that book too and I love it!

Thanks for the recommendation. I have to send the info along to a friend who is currently using various alt medicine therapies for a rabbit with neurological issues from EC. She is finding that acupuncture is doing amazing things for her little gal.

Naturestee told me about this book along with another, Rabbits: Gentle Hearts, Valiant Spirits: Inspirational Stories of Rescue, Triumph, and Joy, by Marie Mead (Author), Nancy Laroche (Author), Michael W. Fox (Foreword)http://www.amazon.com/Rabbits-Valiant-Spirits-Inspirational-Stories/dp/097862260X/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b

So both have just been ordered...:)(together they qualify for the free shipping from Amazon)

While leafing through the other rabbit books, I came across this one for the "how to massage your bunny"http://www.amazon.com/Relaxed-Rabbit-Massage-Your-Bunny/dp/0595310621/ref=wl_itt_dp?ie=UTF8&coliid=I1LZT6YX8L1TN2&colid=2BDFT2MBLI4Q3 Does any one else have this book and do they recommend it? Would the information be viable for the average house rabbit and how many rabbits would sit still long enough for someone to work on them? I'm sure it takes time for owner and bun to get used to the massage process and the amount of time it could take.

myheart

Last edited by a moderator:
naturestee wrote:
Caryolyn, is there mention of a harlequin bun named Karla in it?

Indeed! I did find Karla's picture! What a beautiful, brave little baby she is. Kudos to her and her family. She's adorable!

Myheart, there is information about massaging bunnies in this new book. :)

Bunnicula - Thoughts of healing and prayers go out to your friend's rabbit with EC. This new book also has a chapter on acupuncture.

BlueGiants, I couldn't put it down either! :D So glad you're enjoying it!

Latest posts

Back