A bad fall

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie.caba

Reaction score
Hi guys..
I don’t know how to start this. So me my bun were hanging out and she decided to try and hop on my bed while I was getting off. Basically I got in the way and she ended up hitting me and falling to the floor. She landed on Her side and it looked a bit painful (the fall was just about 1 and a half feet high) She’s just about 4 months old and she’s looking lethargic or tired rn. Usually she’d be eating hay about now but she’s in her hide. She’s still food motivated though, and comes out when I have snacks so I tried to check, I don’t think she’s broken anything but she can’t bite as hard as she usually does .
Im absolutely sick to my stomach and terrified and I can’t go to the vet until December. I want to cry, any advice?

I just changed her hay and gave her a new batch and she’s eating thank God. I wanna hope that it’s not serious, but even the slightest sound of paper freaked her out so I’m just praying she recovers.

It can be she got a bit frighten and chocked after the fall.

I had my bunnies jump right into the bed and falling off things from a higher hight than 1.5 feet. It can happen, for you it was just an accident. It’s positive she’s eating food and just observe if there are anything changes or act of pain but I think she will be fine.

It can be she got a bit frighten and chocked after the fall.

I had my bunnies jump right into the bed and falling off things from a higher hight than 1.5 feet. It can happen, for you it was just an accident. It’s positive she’s eating food and just observe if there are anything changes or act of pain but I think she will be fine.
She’s trying to eat, I noticed that it’s hard for her to bite down on the hay and I feel more worried about that... other than being a bit jumpy she’s acting fine. But she isn’t eating the amount she should, and I don’t want her digestive system to slow down .. and while I was checking I noticed her teeth don’t line up perf. Idk if this was before or after the fall either

update : it’s taking a while for her to get through one sprig of hay like she’s struggling and can’t bite through. I’m relieved that she’s acting more like herself, but scared she can’t eat the amount she needs

Attachments

• 95AD5F74-78AC-4BE6-A878-B70963515B3F.jpeg
    95AD5F74-78AC-4BE6-A878-B70963515B3F.jpeg
    54.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
From what you describe it can be just shock but can be broken bones or something, I would also say that X-ray needed so maybe emergency vet at least.

Latest posts

Back