8 Weeks Until My Wedding!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TCRabbitry

Reaction score
I am so frustrated.... I have done everything so far, I have been the only one who was even excited about my wedding so far, and all of a sudden, my mom, sister in law (wedding planner), and other sister in law have decided that they are completely taking over.... I am not even allowed to be at the hall while they are decorating.... and then they have the nerve to whine at me because I want to have the lady at my work do my bouquets and boutineers and other special flowers.... they say that I am paying too much for them... last I checked, I am paying for them, it is my money, and I am not asking them to pay for them, so they should just leave me alone! Ugh....

Anywho, I just really needed to vent! And for all of those who are curious, my wedding is on 10/31/2009 :D Melinda

Melinda, I can sympathize. We're getting married next summer so thankfully I have lots of time still. A few days ago we completely changed our wedding plans- what state it's going to be, who's going to be there, everything. It was getting too out of hand. More and more people were being added to the guest list (people our parents wanted invited, not us) and it was getting bigger and bigger, so we put a stop to that. We're now having a little bitty wedding here in the town where we live and it will be beautiful.

Good luck with getting your mom and sister-in-law to butt out! Feel free to send me a PM if you need to vent too :)

That's the other thing! My dad wants me to invite my step siblings, which I don't even know! My dad married his wife when I was 21.... I have met her kids once! I am just glad that it will be over with soon! :D Melinda

I am getting married November 6th 2010. Everytime I think about my wedding I freak out. I havent even started planning yet because I dont want a wedding lol.

I want to marry my Fiance but I am not gung ho on a wedding. He wants a wedding though, so I am stuck in a pickle.

Actually he goes back and forth between wanting a wedding and Ill do whatever you want to do. I know deep down though he wants a wedding so our families can watch us get married. I on the other hand am okay not having a wedding and just running off somewhere or even to the courthouse to get married.

My friends think I am crazy for not wanting a wedding. I am just dreading all the planning, and then having an issue like yours where everyone wants to tell you what to do.

Just overall I feel dread when I think about my wedding, it makes me feel like I am bad person or something, or there is something wrong with me.:?

Ah... The mantra "It's MY wedding!!!" was shouted at my sisters and I many times by one of our oldest sisters, who got married the 22nd of August. We listened! LOL

Ginger, you can do both, like we are doing. ;) We have all our papers signed and are legally married, but did it at the Justice of the Peace's office with just the two of us, my dad, her mom, and two of our sisters there. Now we're saving up for and trying to find time for the huge, weirdly lavish wedding that my wife wants.

Latest posts

Back