8 week old GTBS mini lop bucks, Who's the best??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shayhara

Reaction score
So the babies are now 8 weeks old, closer to nine now actually.

I did some indepth posing and photo shoot the other day. The pictures are not GREAT, and some are not as centered as they should be, but I am hoping for some critiques of these guys. I know I want to keep one of the GTBS I just don't know which. So tell me what is good and bad about each of them! I don't know what I would do without you guys!

Here are collages of each of them. If you want any of the individual pictures of them let me know. The collage shows one shot of each pose I managed to catch on film. Some have the top shot and some don't.

SMB12
SMB12Collage.jpg

SMB13
SMB13Collage8wks.jpg

SMB14
SMB14collage8wks.jpg

Thanks!
Now I will go make the collages for my other four bucks and hopefully I can get some opinions on them too.

I have zero experience showing, but SMB13 is the one that caught my eye and made me want to scroll back.

Not an expert at all regarding showing, but do like #12 and #13. Both have nice crowns, nice round bodies, long ears that hang really nicely. I like the coloring of#13

Hope this helps a little. Congratulations on the beautiful minilop kits. Let us know which one will be the keeper.

K:)

Well, I am NOT an expert (and the babies are only 8 weeks old), but here's my take:

First of all, they all looked very pinched in the hindquarters. It could be just the way you have them posed, but it makes their hindquarters look pinched. (They're hind feet shouldn't be pointed out to the sides like that..they should be in line with the body). With that said....

#14- I think he's the lesser of the 3. He looks even more narrow and weak hindquarters than the other 2. He appears to have a nice head/crown/ears.

#12- I don't like the hindquarters on this one. The rise looks like it's a bit too early, with a quick drop into what appears to be no hindquarters. He's pretty similar to #14, but doesn't look quite as narrow as that one.

#13- I like this one over the other 3. He looks more balanced, and his hindquarters looks a bit stronger than the other 2.

The more I look at the pictures, the more I think it's the posing that's making them look that way. The front feet should be in line with the eye. The hind feet should be in line with the haunch (the "rounded" part of the hind leg). It looks like you scrunched them up as far as you could, then snapped pictures. Doing so will make the rabbit appear to have a lot of depth, but it takes away from the hindquarters considerably.

Long story short: If I had to pick one, by the pictures I'd go with the #13 buck.

They are not the easiest to pose and take a picture of at the same time. I try to line up the feet and then I grab the camera and they pull up and I have to start all over. If I could have someone else snap the pictures while I pose it would be easier. 12 and 13 have nice round hindquarters, 13 prolly a bit better then 12. I agree with most of whats said about 14, though again I think the hindquarters are because of the pose maybe.

Latest posts

Back