8 Seconds

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueCamasRabbitry

Reaction score
So has anyone here heard of/seen the movie "8 Seconds"? It portrays the true story of the famous cowboy, Lane Frost.

I've seen this movie countless times, but had the urge to watch it yesterday and so I did. If you haven't seen it, I really suggest you do! It's a great movie! But, have some tissues handy, because it can be a tear-jerker! I cry everytime I watch it.

Anyway, chat away about the movie! :)

Emily

We really love that movie here, but we have a hard time watching it sometimes... my brother inlaw is a bull rider. He's been injured a few times and we always think about what "could" happen.

I swear that rodeo is in the blood........ My niece barrel races, my hubby's cousin has three young boys who are jr. bullriders and very good..... and Lexi has started working Dakota to become a pole/barrel horse... She likes to go FAST! lol.

Anyhow, they love it and we have to just hold our breath sometimes... when we see a cowboy fall, our heart sinks and we hold our breath......... and pray that we get to see "COWBOY UP!"

Yeah that movie is hard to watch sometimes.
Fortunately, I don't think riders are killed by bulls as easily as it was when Lane died, because after he was killed, bull riders were made required to wear the chest protectors. Some even wear umpire masks to protect their faces.

My dad used to go to rodeos, so did my mom; I've never been to a rodeo but I like them and would love to go.

I'm like Lexi, haha, I LOVE to go fast! I did some barrels on Sioux, but she would only canter :p Trying to work with her more on that, but she's in her prime anyway, so I guess a canter is about as fast I'll get from her, at least around barrels. On straight stretches she gallops for me.

Emily

They aren't *required* to wear protective gear, but some do.
My Bro inlaw still doesn't wear a face mask, but he sometimes wears a vest.

Latest posts

Back