7 new baby bunnies! Help me

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah rabbitry

Reaction score
Hi you guys! My doe had 7 kits this morning. I’m worried she’ll be a little bad at raising them because it’s her first litter. The first sign was, she had her kits on the wire even tho I gave her a nesting box. One of them was stiff and frozen! Luckily I brought it back by warming it up. I moved her babies into the nest box because I didn’t want them to freeze. But then she hopped on them and they all squeaked rlly loud! They all seem healthy, but they were only born a few hours ago, I don’t want things to go downhill. I’m making sure to give her distance but this is the second litter I have ever bred and I’m just not super sure if I should do anything to ensure she keeps her babies happy and healthy. What do you guys do with first time mother bunnies?

I’m not an expert but I would keep a check on the bunny’s for a while just to make sure they are ok

Just make sure that they are warm and dry in their nest, well covered with fur. Apart from that there isn't much to do right now, other than giving her rest, food and privacy.

Latest posts

Back