6 Healthy Babbies!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DustyBegginings wrote:
I got Valentine babies! :bunnydance:

All fat healthy and even Sassy!

How often can I touch them without worrying?

What else should I know?

Thanks
WOO HOO! How wonderful!

I touch mine every day - sometimes several times a day (especially once their eyes are open) because I like to play with them. I give mama a treat to distract her (carrot or grape or something). Sometimes my mamas want me to check them so they can get the treat and one mama has pushed her babies over to me so I would come check them (in the past).

Peg

P.S. Read the article pinned at the top of this forum on bunnies from conception to weaning (or something like that).

I meant to add something.

Each mama is different. I have does that don't care if I touch their babies or not...they're great mamas. I have one doe that we call "Bunzilla" 'cause she WILL attack when you enter her cage if she has babies. (I don't check her babies as often). Some does trust me more....other does will trust me but not trust anyone else in the family.

So while I shared what I do - please remember that it is going to depend upon your relationship with the doe. Will you hurt the babies looking at them? No. But - mama may get upset - she may not get upset.

I would check them at least once a day or once every other day...

Peg

DustyBegginings wrote:
They are so cute!

They are very active when I pick them up but love to snooze in the hair lol!

Oh man...you're making me so jealous...my youngest ones are 5 days old (although I have more due soon - in fact - I should go check on Summer since she was sitting in her nestbox a bit ago).

I forget what type of rabbit you have....but I am VERY jealous!

Peg

ugh, okay, my old account is not working, couldn't get on, waited for email...

Babbies are great, just weaned, mom is happy to be with dad (neutered)

Have to get rid of them next week, I am going to be so sad!

Latest posts

Back