50 Shades of Grey

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audrinasmommy88

Reaction score
Is anyone here reading these books? Already read them all? I am currently on the 3rd book and I am ADDICTED!!! Just wondering who else has read them and what they think

Yes I read all 3 only because of all the hype. She's the worst writer I've ever read. The grammatical errors and her writing made me cringe!

I didn't love them like everyone else but I went into them knowing they were going to be some poorly written books with a cheesy plot. But I'm still glad I read them. I didn't hate them by any means but no where near what I would call a good book.

I do agree about her writing....definitely a lot of grammatical errors and she uses the same words a lot. I just started them last week and am already on the third. My soon to be sister in law begged me to read them...i think they are pretty interesting. I hope the movie will be better though

and supposedly a 4th book
oh my
oh my
oh my
George Takei would be displeased to know she took his line

I'm writing a paper about the romanticism of unhealthy relationships. 50Shades is a prominent source and I read the 1st one for it. I'm also using the 1st Twilight book and several Cosmo magazines.

Everyone gives me this shocked face when I say I couldn't stand it haha. I read nearly all the first one, but I forced myself to see what all the hype was. I think I had a chapter left when I just stopped. She repeats the same words all the time, and the whole inner Goddess thing she kept going on about was just cringy. Couldn't take it any more. The erotic parts in it were laughable and unrealistic too ha ha.

I'm with Megz on this one.

You'd be better off finding a D/s community to join and chat with! Or fanfiction.

Nelsons_Mom wrote:
I'm writing a paper about the romanticism of unhealthy relationships. 50Shades is a prominent source and I read the 1st one for it. I'm also using the 1st Twilight book and several Cosmo magazines.

Sounds like an interesting paper. And exactly why I didn't like the Twilight books, gave silly little girls the idea that that's a good relationship.

I've never read 50 shades of grey and to be honest, I read enough bad book series already. Twilight.

MagPie wrote:
Nelsons_Mom wrote:

Sounds like an interesting paper. And exactly why I didn't like the Twilight books, gave silly little girls the idea that that's a good relationship.

I've never read 50 shades of grey and to be honest, I read enough bad book series already. Twilight.

Well 50 shades of Grey was originally a Twilight fan fiction, but the author wanted to publish it so she changed the characters names, twiddled the details and that was it. When I was reading it a lot of the story was the same as Twilight. In Twilight Bella has a close friend who has a major crush on her, a Native American named Jacob. In 50 Shades it's a Mexican named Jose. That's how alike the story is.

I just wanted to see what everyone's opinions were of the book. In no way, shape or form would stuff like they were doing be going on in my house. It's definitely not one of the better books I've read but I found it interesting. I can't comment about the twilight books because I've neer read them or watched the movies and really don't plan to. I'm not into vampires and stuff. I'm not into D/S stuff either, but I read it to see what the big hype was about the book

Latest posts

Back