5 week old babies and food

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stone_family3

Reaction score
Belldandy is pushing food at her babies. They're 5 weeks old today, today I gave her a banana and she hopped over to her babies and pushed them towards it. Then when they started eating it she hopped away from it (almost glad to have a break from them LOL). I took it away from them and took it over to her, where she ate some of it. I've also noticed she's pushing hay at them, pellets at them and grass at them.

Should I just let them eat it? Is she doing a normal thing?

She gets out of the cage all day with them, she can go in and out as she pleases but since they are now out and about themselves she's more adamant about pushing food on them. It appears she is still feeding them (they're active, fluffy and chubby bunnies).

Babies can start eating pellets and hay as soon as they want to nibble at it (usually 2-3 weeks old). Honestly, I let my babies have fresh stuff, too--I've never had any problems. Some people would tell you to keep the fresh stuff away from them, but I think as long as you keep an eye on their poops to make sure they're not getting diarrhea from it, they'll be fine.

Latest posts

Back