5 day old w/ suspicious nasal discharge

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gb1913

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone might have some experince with very young rabbits displaying with similar symptoms.

My rabbit April had a surprise litter of two on the 29th of June. She's done everything perfectly so far as I can see. She has been extremely attentive, I've seen her pulling fresh fur each night before feeding to replenish the nest. One is larger than the other but both kits are looking well and fed, one is just especially chubby.

The only issue with them is a slight nasal discharge. It's dry and crusted around the nostrils. I noticed it yesterday (3rd July) on the larger kit. Today (4th July) I've noticed they both have it.

I'm hoping I'm being a little paranoid and there is really nothing wrong. If there isn't I'd like to avoid hauling the little ones to the vet unnecessarily. so I'm hoping someone on here with heaps of experience can let me know if they're in any trouble.

Oh and...

-Mum is a little over a year old.
-Mum and kits are indoors, born indoors too, housed in warm room.
-Nest appears very clean.
-Mum is also well.
-Not hearing any sneezing or wheezing from any of them. IMG_2783.jpegIMG_2763.jpeg

Latest posts

Back