4mo bunny showing newfound affection towards me

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunniebinky

Reaction score
Hi guys

my lion head/lop bunnie Leo is gone very affectionate towards me which is very unusual as she usually is a standoffish

Leo is very Precious to me as I raised her since she was a baby. Her father Beans and her mother Toast birthed a little of 6 and she was the runt of the family. She is very like her mother in many ways (unfortunately beans and toast recently passed along with her brother and sister, Pumpkin and bear due to a deathly virus wiping them out in the space of 3 days 😔). Leo recently started showing affection to me in ways her siblings and parents have never Like flopping on my chest and staying there for over an hr just to get some rubs off me.

Her unusual display of affection has intrigued me and I started looking it up, she has really noticeable nipples, significantly become heavier and I feel stuff in her belly as she openly lets me feel and touch it. Could she be pregnant ? She was in contact with males.

Attachments

• 43425138-0DAE-4144-910B-CC0D754F4B9C.jpeg
    43425138-0DAE-4144-910B-CC0D754F4B9C.jpeg
    207.8 KB · Views: 7
She's currently with her bunny family. I own her mother and father I had her since day 1, I had to hand feed her as she was the runt and was always pushed away from the feeding time

How old is Leo? Could you clarify what other rabbits she is living with? It does say in your original post that Beans & Toast (the mother & father buns) passed away along with 2 of her 5 siblings.

Hi guys

my lion head/lop bunnie Leo is gone very affectionate towards me which is very unusual as she usually is a standoffish

Leo is very Precious to me as I raised her since she was a baby. Her father Beans and her mother Toast birthed a little of 6 and she was the runt of the family. She is very like her mother in many ways (unfortunately beans and toast recently passed along with her brother and sister, Pumpkin and bear due to a deathly virus wiping them out in the space of 3 days 😔). Leo recently started showing affection to me in ways her siblings and parents have never Like flopping on my chest and staying there for over an hr just to get some rubs off me.

Her unusual display of affection has intrigued me and I started looking it up, she has really noticeable nipples, significantly become heavier and I feel stuff in her belly as she openly lets me feel and touch it. Could she be pregnant ? She was in contact with males.
It seems super young compared to other animals, but by 4 months your bun is actually fully capable of reproducing. I can't remember off hand the recommended age to spay/neuter, but I volunteer at a rabbit shelter and more often than not, the baby bunny litters that come to us are a result of young bunnies accidentally getting pregnant before they're old enough to be spayed.

However, that's only my experience. I'll cross my fingers that your bun just realized how much she likes you :)

Also, I foster super shy and unsocialized rabbits (one bun at a time) to get them more comfortable with humans so they can be bonded and/or more easily adopted. It's amazing how practically over night a bunny who's spent months only leaving her hidy box under the cover of night with no one around will suddenly hop out to take a treat like it's no big thang. So maybe she just loves you.

...but yeah, she's probably pregnant ;)

She was living with her parents but the passed since :( she was never really close to her parents as she was to our boy (hers picture is in my other thread). But they are currently separated until they can be neutered. The 4 babies left all have supervised visits to make sure nothing happens.
She was in contact with my boyfriends buck by an accident as he was also a young male as we didn't know at the time.

she is 17 weeks this coming Monday. It's become a ritual every night to lie on my chest so maybe she just realised that she likes me ! She started to lick me too

Latest posts

Back