4 Week old rabbits, please help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bree1699

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm totally new here so apologies if this is the wrong place.

Anyways, one of my coworkers had a litter of rabbits. Well, somehow, the momma rabbit got pregnant very quickly after the first litter and just had a second, effectively abandoning her first. We took two of the babies to take care of so they wouldn't be sold for meat.

Honestly I didn't know that the babies were only 4 weeks old so I feel a little overwhelmed. Apparently (we just got them today) they had already been weaned and were eating fruits/veggies. Im not feeding them any fruits or greens, but they've been eating alfalfa hay and pellets. They seem to be doing really well, they've even been binkying around their cage! and their poops are looking healthy and normal.

I plan on getting them to the vet in the next week. Is there anything else I should do? Should I be giving them formula if they're doing okay without it?

Sorry for the ramble, but im one worried new bunny mom!

Hi guys
We have a 8 week old mini lop. Are leaves and veggies ok for them? We’ve looked up what they can and shouldn’t eat (in regards to veges) but I’ve been reading that they should only eat hay, pellets etc.
I get worried when he lays on his side and not move. But then he’ll bounce back up as normal. Not sure if that’s normal but every time he does it I get worried he’s not well and may die.

Hi guys
We have a 8 week old mini lop. Are leaves and veggies ok for them? We’ve looked up what they can and shouldn’t eat (in regards to veges) but I’ve been reading that they should only eat hay, pellets etc.
I get worried when he lays on his side and not move. But then he’ll bounce back up as normal. Not sure if that’s normal but every time he does it I get worried he’s not well and may die.
This question has been posted on it's own thread and can be found here:
https://www.rabbitsonline.net/threads/mini-lop-diet-and-laying-on-his-side-normal.99220/

I got my bunnies at 4 weeks old as well ( also didn’t know they were so young). I had the same concerns but I just kept them on alfalfa hay and pellets and they did great. They don’t NEED milk at 4 weeks old, it’s just better for them but your bunnies should be fine. At least, mine were. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back