4 Bunnies in 1 Cage--very concerned. Help.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PupTheRabbit

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I need your help, don't let the lengthy post scare you away.
We all know it's the worst time of the year for bunnies--Easter. My cousin who lives in MI (i'm in NJ) told me she wanted to get a bunny. I thought it was great because she's very good with animals, would treat them amazing, and is a doctor! The only problem is, she told me that a photo studio (Moto Photo in Grand Rapids, MI) is using 4 bunnies (in ONE cage) for their photo shoots. And after Easter, they plan on "giving them away."

This is where you guys can hopefully come in. I googled them and got their number. I want to tell them that 1) bunnies should NOT be used as props. 2) Most of the time when bunnies are given away, they are sold to people who want them as meat, neglect them, or don't take good care of them. 3) They should not all be in one cage!

I feel like if some of you call along with me, we can get it through their dumb heads that what they're doing is bad. What do you guys think? I'm concerned. This is their number. Let me know if you would like to do this with me. (616) 447-6686

if the bunnies are babies it's not a big deal for a short period of time.

The giving them away... this time of year if they are babies, they will go into homes. People who want them for meat want adult rabbits. Same as for feeders...they want them to be a minimum three pounds usually.

Folks like bunnies in pictures. I do not know why that is such a hard thing. If the bunnies are handled well and not hurt they won't be damaged by being out for a day having pictures taken of them.

Harrassing a studio for conducting legal business. Sorry... I can't agree to that being okay. You don't know that they are hurting the bunnies. You don't know really anything other than they have four bunnies in a cage using them for photo shots. And then they will give them away to homes. How is that any different than what folks on here do? It's happens often enough the folks say "I can't have my rabbits any more, someone give them a good home please." It's NO different.

MOST photographers put the bunnies in a basket, or on a bench... one or possibly two at a time (usually one as it is easiest). Shoots are 15-20 minutes at a time with the bunnies.. with the rabbits taking turns. The professionals don't want their rabbits stressed as it means poor pictures.

So relaxed little rabbits, caged with litter mates, getting pictures taken and then going to a new home. People happy, bunnies content.

I do know that photographers like to use young rabbits for Easter pics...so without more details, I don't see anything wrong with 4 youngsters in the same cage for the short time they'll need them. Keeping them together would be less stressful for them anyway. I know someone who loans young ones for photo shoots. She gets them back when they're done though.

Latest posts

Back