Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SukiMiloLupin

Reaction score
Hello everyone

After a bit of advice. I had a bonded pair Suki and Milo. They are 1.5 years old and mini lops, both are neutered/spayed and been bonded for around 11 months. They got on like a house on fire and we decided to introduce a 3rd bunny Lupin. He is currently not neutered and around 6 months old. He is raised and in a cage away from my other 2 currently. I didn't want to introduce him before he was fixed for fear he might be rejected (thinking of worse possible out comes). However it has caused the previous 2 to fight as they can smell him. The fights are quite bad and I have stopped them each time and they now live separately as it seems to be a constant thing. They can both still see and smell each other but they just don't want to be 'with' each other. Understanding that the previous relationship can breakdown, it was a risk I took and knew could happen. Therefore I would like some advice on what the next process would be? Of course waiting until Lupin is fixed into order to introduce him, but do I try and rebond Suki and Milo now or do I wait and bond/rebond all three at the same time? Sorry I know this has been said before a thousand times but I can't seem to find a thread with the same situation as mine currently. Any advice is appreciated thank you!

Since your pair seems broken up now, then it would probably be best to take advantage of that and wait until you can introduce all 3 at the same time.

Introducing 3 rabbits at the same time is generally the better option and allows them to sort out their hierarchy at one time (rather than trying to add a 3rd to an existing pair).

In the meantime, try to set aside some neutral territory for when the time comes.

Latest posts

Back