34 days pregnant and no babies Help please

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She can reabsorb fetuses doesn't happen very often but happens sometimes, if she was stressed or another reason, also if buck was much bigger she can have difficulties as babies can be too big for her they can stuck etc. If you feel she's having difficulties and your buck is bigger breed as you say he's still young so maybe not his full size now I would suggest to contact your vet. But it is good that her poos are excellent and a lot.

Make sure you refill her bottle before going to bed so she has plenty of water.

Hi everyone,
Thank you so much for all your help.
I’ve got some sad news. I believe that’s she’s has either had the babies and eaten then or reabsorbed them.
She’s destroyed her nest and no longer seems to have a belly 😞

If she'd eat babies you'd most likely see some half-eaten there. Rabbits don't kill babies unless they were born dead or seriously damaged/ill.

In your situation I think maybe it was just false pregnancy she was just impressed by meeting an intact male and imagined that she was pregnant. Or she absorbed fetuses also possible.

Hope she's feeling okay and eating/pooping well

Thank you for coming back to me.

I’ve just added a hide away to her cage which she seems to love so thank you ☺

She definitely seems more tired then usual. She has a semi normal appetite. Her pop is bigger then usually and there seems to be a lot more of it.

Please can you elaborate on what you mean by she’s might of decided to keep them?

It was an happy accident kind of not accident. My buck is still young and I thought that he wouldn’t be able to get her pregnant so I let them play together and things happened. He was 3 almost 4 months at the time. I’ve seen the babies move inside her and I’ve also felt them move and kick.

She eats hay, Veg and fruit I like to rotate what I give them on a weekly basis so they don’t always have the same boring thing. She drinks from a bottle.
what ended up happening? were the babies delivered safely?

Latest posts

Back