33 days and the nestbox is still empty.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hayley411

Reaction score
My blue dutch doe Twilah was due on monday, this will be her second litter. I palpated her and I'm sure I felt babies (though I could be wrong). She isn't showing any intrest in the nestbox, nor is she pulling fur.

Should I be getting really worried? Her last litter was born on day 31 and she was a great mother.

I've heard they can go as long as 34 days, so if she hasn't had them by tomorrow should I take her in for x-rays?

~Hayley

If you are SURE you felt babies, I'd get her checked. Although I'd suspect she just didn't "take" this time. Does she look or act like she is ready to breed again?

Turns out she wasn't pregnant after all. I guess I wanted her to be pregnant so bad that I imagined that I felt babies. :p

This wouldhave beenour first Blue harlie dutch litter, and I wasreally excited.

Oh well we are just going to rebreed her and hope she takes this time. I hope she does I want my litter ofblue harlies!:inlove:

~Hayley

I will definitely share pictures.

Here is Faye she is the sister to the Buck I bred Twilah to:

Faye2.jpg

Faye.jpg

Sorry about the bad lighting the pictures were taken in our hotel room, afterwe picked them up.

Isn't she gorgeous.

~Hayley

Latest posts

Back