3 year old female blood in urine + straining

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mona

Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to know if anyone else experienced the following: blood in urine (pool of red blood) of female rabbit who is straining to go to the bathroom on and off as well. Also, she is spayed and she did have a very large bladder stone removed when she was almost a year old.

Unfortunately, all tests have revealed no answers. Pool of blood two times in last week and on antibiotics. She does seem better than last week (she was lethargic)

I'm assuming vet will provide new antibiotics or extend the antibiotics currently using but since the culture tests revealed nothing can't antibiotics be bad?

Has anyone had a similar experience, I want to believe it is a UTI but seeing that blood is terrifying.

Last edited:
Have you had xrays done to see if there's anything going on in there that might be the cause for the blood, like a bladder stone again? What about blood tests?

I had a rabbit that had spots of blood in her urine. Hers was due to UTI and bladder sludge, which was verified through xray.

Latest posts

Back