3 weeks old today

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendymac

Reaction score
The one is easy. It's definitely a REW. Then there are 2 broken fawns. Then the trouble starts. I have one that looks like a creamy broken. It has really light blue eyes, the beginnings of white splotches, and then the base color. That looks like an eggshell color.

Blueberry I'm thinking is a blue chin, because of the silver coloring on the inside of the ears, top of feet, etc.

There are two darker brokens. They have brown inside their ears. The one is darker than the other (the lighter one looks blue).

Anyway, any guesses would be appreciated. I wish the color charts would show the baby fur and the adult, instead of just adults.

This is Blueberry and the one broken (the darker one).
523290_3598196319303_1405356771_3369247_790541161_n.jpg

528870_3598197599335_1405356771_3369248_1660068552_n.jpg

I don't have pictures where you can see the creamy one's faint differences in white, unfortunately.

562153_3598198559359_1405356771_3369249_1828436615_n.jpg

Here are the 2 broken fawns. Mother is a fawn/lynx (still can't find anyone that can nail the color down) and father was a broken lilac chin.

546343_3598199839391_1405356771_3369250_2028002737_n.jpg

I was going to say blue chin for blueberry too
For the brokens maybe opal? Do they have small brown triangles on their necks?
For the white i was going to say ermine also known as a brown eyed white but you said blue eyes?

Two broken chestnuts, two broken fawns, and a frosty are what I see. (Frosty has a few different names between the breeds, and I'm far too lazy to find my standard. P:)

The first is definitely a blue chin (or, squirrel, in my breed.)

I was thinking opal also...and yes, there is a very small triangle of light brown at the back of the neck. Plus a little speck by each nostril. The one has like brown ticking in places, too.

Broken chestnut? That would be fawn/lynx in the lop terms? Or not?

Yes, the creamy one has blue yes. They're not bright blue, like a BEW, but a paler blue. I had a picture of the two faces together, where you could see the REW and the other's eyes fairly well. I'll see if I still have it.

Thanks for the help! I need to go to Rabbit Colors for Dummies. lol

No suggestions on coloring. Just to wiped out to think right now. But they are growing beautifully. You must be so proud on Adeline's first litter.

Hope you're handling them every day. They will grow up awesome!

K :)

Oh, and I forgot to mention that the creamy colored one also has a really light purplish/bluish tint on the ear tips and nose (not sure about feet, but will check here in a few minutes. Would that make it a frosted pearl?

Thanks K and Brandy!

Yep, I've been handling them daily...most days multiple times a day. haha Three are my favorites, and you can tell. When I go into the stall, I say, "Morning, bunnies...morning babies." Well, three come running straight to the front of the cage and the other 4 run to the back. LOL I can pick them all up, and they don't run when I go over. But Blueberry, Flip, and Creamy are the more outgoing ones. When cleaning their cage, they are the 3 that are constantly in the way of the scooper, the ones that immediately check out the opening where the feeder goes, etc.

I'm definitely very proud of Adeline. She did an amazing job the first time around.

Frostie/Ermine/Pearl. Those all mean the same color. :) It's a pain that arba and the BRC didn't co-op and get ARBA to use the same darn terms for every breed. Makes it a pain. Plus I'm more used to BRC terms, since I use a lot of those "weird, big" words that they use as titles for some of the 'off' colors.

The two broken agoutis are definitely chestnuts, to me. I don't see opals. Neither are blue enough in the photors. Chestnuts are most certainly a color. They're the most populated Mini Lop color, so if they're not a popular frenchie color, I'd be a little concerned. XD

Surprised to see you get a REW. That's pretty unusal in minis, but I don't have the experience to say if it is or isn't for french.

I think it's pretty common. At least the father, when bred to the breeder's two does, throws quite a few REWs and BEWs. He's a broken lilac chin...her one doe is an agouti and I can't remember the other one. According to people on the genetics list, Adeline and the buck both carry the albino gene (or I wouldn't have gotten the REW). She probably got it from her sire, who is a frosted pearl?

When they were born, the darker brokens had the same skin color as the blue one. It's only now, since they've gotten more hair and the brown on them, that they appear dark. And they both blue-gray eyes, if that makes any difference. They all have blue-gray eyes...except the REW (obviously. lol) and the creamy one (which are a really light blue).

Thanks for all the help!

I can see chestnut in the one on the left showing the fawn babies but still think opal for the one on the right. Chestnuts have very distinct black tips and a very distinct brown color. I still see blue. Do you have any pictures showing the two brokens from a side view and/or together other than the one from the top?

Latest posts

Back