3 Strange Plants

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zaiya

Allison
Reaction score
There are three strange plants that grow in my yard. I want to know what they are and if they are safe for the rabbits. Sometimes when I let the rabbits out, they like to chew on these, and I'm a little concerned about how safe they are. The first two are very abundant, the third is quite rare, but, you know, just to be safe...

Anyone have any ideas as to what they could be?

Thanks for any input!

IMG_20130719_201709.jpg

IMG_20130719_201611.jpg

IMG_20130719_201528.jpg

first one is mallow (I'm fairly sure). quite edible for bunnies.

No clue on the others. Do you have an extension office or a master gardener? Get them to tell you what they are (the latin name) and then look it up or come back to us with the real names of them.

Good to share knowledge you know.

Plus there is this: if your bunnies have eaten it, and have suffered no ill affects, well then that tells you something doesn't it? :)

Well the rabbits have only eaten the first two, and the third I thought I'd just check and make sure!

. Plus there is this: if your bunnies have eaten it, and have suffered no ill affects, well then that tells you something doesn't it? :)

True, but you know, just to be on the safe side...

There are three strange plants that grow in my yard. I want to know what they are and if they are safe for the rabbits. Sometimes when I let the rabbits out, they like to chew on these, and I'm a little concerned about how safe they are. The first two are very abundant, the third is quite rare, but, you know, just to be safe...

Anyone have any ideas as to what they could be?

Thanks for any input!
--when in doubt ,I donot offer any unknown plants,-and I as of yet-have not found a conclusive one search does it all website,--there are so many w/o pictures,,try http://kanin.org -- daily-I cut dandylions,grasses,clovers,lance and broad leaf-plantain,etc.--there are a lot of others which I know are bad ie.-morning glory,nightshade,etc.--and all has to be separated,pressure cleaned--before I offer any to the bunz--what a job, been doing that for 10 years---this is merely a supplemental-food source,not a main staple..--sincerely james waller--:bunnyheart:hugsquish::bunnyangel2::anotherbun

Latest posts

Back