3 Rescue Buns in Need of Home - North Florida

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velveteen Lop

Reaction score
Hello! I am a youth rabbit breeder, and on the occasion I have spare hutches that I am able to take in rabbits needing homes. I currently have 3 rabbits, one buck and two does.

The first one we call Flicker. She looks like a broken black Mini Lop Holland lop mix. Her story is that she was roaming loose in a neighborhood with her six other sons. I wasn't able to take them all, but I caught her. We didn't want her to reproduce, birthing more bunnies! We later found homes for as many of the other bucks as we could catch. She was scared, injured and malnourished. I cleaned her up and started her on a healthy diet, with plenty of hay. Every time she saw me, feeding the other buns or cleaning the rabbitry, she would run to the back of the hutch and cower. Poor thing was scared to death of people. A month passed since I brought her home, and she hadn't kindled. I kept the nest box in for a few more day then took it out. Shortly after, on a Sunday afternoon, I had a feeling to go check on the buns. I went out and checked on them, walking all the way to Flicker's hutch and checking on her. Normally, I try to leave her alone, but this time, for some reason, I glanced down at the ground of her hutch and to my surprise, found a squirming little baby. It was healthy and fat! We were so lucky I found the baby, she was still warm, and that day was actually a warm day, we had been having some chilly days. Her baby, Tinsel, is now one of the sweetest things in my rabbitry, being spoiled since birth, and will be staying as our resident pet. Her mother, Flicker is looking for a forever home. She has gotten better with people, letting you pet her for a few seconds before hopping off, but still needs work with being held and loved. Flicker has had a rough life, and needs a place to relax and be a bunny. She is and older rabbit, (not sure of age) and would be good with other buns if fixed.

Our second rescue is a black single maned lion head called Mufasa. He was rescued from some people who could no longer care for him. He is such a sweetheart, and active little guy who is a tad overweight, and feels very insecure when being held. We are working with him as well, he seems to like other buns and would be a great fit with a female, after he is fixed. We have a large cage that can go with him for a small fee as well. His previous owners said he is a young rabbit, my guess is around a year old. He loves fresh veggies and the occasional fruit!

Our third rescue was brought in with Mufasa. She looks like a Dwarf mix, harlequin colored. We call her Kiwi. Her owners had bred her before, and she became an aggressive bunny. I believe that they had bred her before we brought her home, so she will be staying with us until she kindles and her babies are weaned, but I would still like to start looking for a forever home for her. She is extremely shy and nervous, and a bit aggressive, which could just be her pregnancy. I will have more info on her after she kindles. She is due around the 6th of February.

If you can care for any of these buns, or know anyone who could, please let me know! I'm not in a hurry to rehome them, I really would like them to go to forever homes, preferably with rabbit savvy people. I'm located near Jacksonville, Florida.

Update:
Mufasa and Kiwi found great homes! We are holding on to Flicker for now, she and her baby seem to enjoy each others company. I will consider letting her go if she is going to a fantastic home, inside with lots of space to roam and gets lots of love.

Latest posts

Back