3 month old rabbit eats very less

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aparnamshr597

Reaction score
Hi,

I got a 3 month old bunny from a pet shop yesterday. He doesn't seem to like any food much. My previous rabbit loveddd cilantro and green veggies. This one doesn't get excited by any food and will eat a little bit and then go off to play/sleep. But he drinks a lot of water. Also his poop and pee both are normal. Is there something I should be worried about?

He doesn't eat a anything if I just give him food, I need to sit with him and be around him to make him eat. Is he depressed?

Are you feeding him the exact same brand and type of food he was eating at the pet shop? And if so, what kind of food is it and is he eating that food ok? Are you also feeding your rabbit any grass hay? And if so, is your rabbit eating any of the hay?

Hey, the pet shop guy gave me some mixed pellets and some random protein rich food which has corn and some other things. He is eating the pellets, and some coriander. But he doesn't show that kinda enthusiasm for any kind of food which other rabbits show. I'm feeding him alfalfa hay. He eats some of it. Oh, but he does get crazily excited if I eat junk food near him.

He may be stressed from the move. As long as he keeps eating don't get too worried. The food you are giving sounds bad, shouldn't have corn in it, it should be plain pellets and only a very small amount. The main thing he should be eating is grass hay.

Latest posts

Back